Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Where am I . I am living in a small space next to others living the same way .
It very hot and I have windows open .I can hear crying babies ,barking dogs and people arguing. Almost everyone here uses the same toilets and showers and most people cook their food outside . Is this a third world slum or a refugee camp ? In fact I am in a fairly decent campsite in northern France and it is quite obvious that the family holiday season has started. Time to go home !

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Time to find a wild camping spot or indeed go home and return in mid september!!!

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Going home today . Spent the night in the Calais harbour entrance aire €8 .It was full and but very few British vans . Watched ferries come and go and now hope that ours will be on time . Will spend a few days in Adults only CLs in Norfolk before going home .

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Got to Calais ferry terminal on time and they put us on an earlier ferry .Did not see any migrants on the way to terminal in fact everything looked very quiet .....maybe they all hang out near the tunnel instead .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Funny that....different strokes I guess

Remember a few years ago wife was of work due to a minor op and we went camping out of season. If you think being surrounded by nothing but a bunch of silver haired wrinkleys at deaths door preferable to children's joyous laughter....knock yourself out!:)

Mind you can do without the crying..but hey! we were all young once..or where we....

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Kids don't bother us in fact nothing nicer than the sound of kids enjoying themselves.
No its the over crowding and the escalation in prices we dislike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back