Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
been away again this weekend , and the same again

I have often wondered why people leave site so early, from 8am they started to leave, packed up and gone, even some in tents.

Am I missing something, not sure what the rush is, like a leisurely morning and pack before an early lunch and off, not an early start and leave like you burgled the place,,,

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Perhaps they have a long way to travel :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
that would be us.. we like getting up early and getting away before the rush.

we like to get on-site by mid afternoon .. so if we left at lunchtime would only have three or so hours driving time..

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I guess it depends on how long a trip home people have. We often leave quite early if we have quite a long way to go so we can get home, get the van emptied, get it to it's storage and get home again at a reasonable hour.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We generally only travel about an hour or so for weekends and tend to leave shortly after lunch unless the weather is awful, like it was this morning then we leave after a leisurely breakfast.

Denise

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
which reminds me of the time I got a bollocking from the Stellplatz Fuhrer at Enkrich on the Mosel :(

it was a Sunday morning, we had packed up and I drove over to drain the tanks before leaving.. around 9am I guess ..

while doing the business, big German guy marches up and lays into me.. :confused:

"In Germany, ve sleep late on Sundays.. no one moves before 10 o'clock" . :mad:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
which reminds me of the time I got a bollocking from the Stellplatz Fuhrer at Enkrich on the Mosel :(

it was a Sunday morning, we had packed up and I drove over to drain the tanks before leaving.. around 9am I guess ..

while doing the business, big German guy marches up and lays into me.. :confused:

They still manage to get their towels on the sun beds on a Sunday though I notice.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

I have often wondered why people leave site so early, from 8am they started to leave, packed up and gone, even some in tents.

Am I missing something, not sure what the rush is, like a leisurely morning and pack before an early lunch and off, not an early start and leave like you burgled the place,,,
We all have different agendas, so why not?

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

You could have tried the traditional German rhetoric, Gettenseetuffenyoutwatten:D

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I have often wondered why people leave site so early, from 8am they started to leave, packed up and gone, even some in tents
Well, any number of reasons for us.
Mostly to do with parking up somewhere and having a full day for a good mountain walk or a day in town before turning up at the next place.
May be to do with beating the morning traffic (if there is any .....).
Last week, it was about finding a dentist in a strange town. :oops:
When we're in a tent, it's usually to do with catching a bus or train.
If we're not moving very far, or if we want a lazy day, then we tend to leave just before chucking-out time, full of late breakfast and coffee. (y)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
not everyone uses a motorhome the same for some its just a place to sleep whilst doing whatever all day, surfers being the obvious one up early to catch the surf

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I like both, but if I know it's going to be very hot, I prefer to drive when it is still cool. If I am with friends then I leave at the last minute to spend more time with them.
If only me (understand without JJ) I like to leave early but not before 9.00, if in a campsite , so I'm not a nuisance for the others.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I don't understand the reason for the question.
I have lots of questions about why campers do what they do, I might be missing out on something I'd never thought of doing but might quite enjoy! :)
(But I usually don't have the nerve to ask ..... so I'm still missing out!) :(

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have found in France, on the aires the French leave around 1100/1200 and do not arrive till 1500 to 2000 so....we arrive in between and can get a pitch usually with a choice of several! So, we leave one aire around 0900!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

There could be many reasons. Could it be your good self?? These things should be asked. Do you have a dog with diarrhoea? Are your Hush Puppies so old that they no longer hush? Do you hit your wife? Does she scream? Do you cook with garlic? Do you tip your previous nights empty wine bottles into the bin saying 'no glass please' at 5 in the morning? Did you laugh when their awning blew away? o_O:)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
There could be many reasons. Could it be your good self?? These things should be asked. Do you have a dog with diarrhoea? Are your Hush Puppies so old that they no longer hush? Do you hit your wife? Does she scream? Do you cook with garlic? Do you tip your previous nights empty wine bottles into the bin saying 'no glass please' at 5 in the morning? Did you laugh when their awning blew away? o_O:)
..... Do you have a SOG?

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I always ask myself WHY the 'olds' get up early and queue outside the doctors in the rain or for a blood test. We are retired for chrissake with plenty of time!!!

I can understand getting up at silly o'clock if you've got a long drive or have to be somewhere, but you see people on rally fields or campsites doing this when they are staying! Soon as the sun comes up and at first light, you can hear the rumble of trollies or toilet cassette wheels like Tumbrills of the French Revolution! Praps it's just an age thing?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I always ask myself WHY the 'olds' get up early and queue outside the doctors in the rain or for a blood test. We are retired for chrissake with plenty of time!!!

I can understand getting up at silly o'clock if you've got a long drive or have to be somewhere, but you see people on rally fields or campsites doing this when they are staying! Soon as the sun comes up and at first light, you can hear the rumble of trollies or toilet cassette wheels like Tumbrills of the French Revolution! Praps it's just an age thing?
Or maybe........'Who can get to the motorhome grey water drain off point first'......?

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013

If Churchill had known that, the war could have been over a lot sooner. :)

Reactions: CWH

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We left Seacroft early last Friday as the motorhome was booked in for a service and hab check 25 miles away, if we'd realised it was that far we'd have booked in somewhere closer and had a lay in. :sleep:

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Actually, what surprises me is that I can be up and about by 8 in the morning or earlier (dog), and units that were there the night before have gone, and I didn't hear a thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back