LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Just had a great week away in the north east with friends, me in my van and the other 3 in tents - good company, lovely food, beautiful beaches and great weather MOSTLY! Everyone weathered the thunder and lightening one night even the dogs, with only one tent letting in the rain. HOWEVER, when we came to pack up on Saturday morning it was lashing it down. I had no problem and was packed up in no time but the tents were a different issue. All were large 4 man inflatables and by the time we had loaded the cars etc we were absolutely soaked. No problem really, we all had a change of clothes set aside and dashed off to the shower block for a hot shower and a change into dry clothes - NOT! the C @ CC site had both toilet blocks closed at the same time for cleaning, how stupid is that. Drove home in damp clothes and today have the task of drying the tents out. As the title says 'I know why I have a MH'!
PS: the inflatable Vango tents are amazing and are so easy to pitch etc, but they also bring a lot of water home.

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
No where nicer than the north east, when the sun is shining.

Whitby, last Friday, beautiful and the fish and chips aren't bad ;)

Whitby_zps0n3d9sxx.jpg

Brian

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Ahhh! I sit on a CC site near Battle listening to the rain lashing down feeling very snug and smug. If I want to leave, I just unhook the EHU, turn off the gas, start up, let off the handbrake and go. Love it, why any other way??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Just had a great week away in the north east with friends, me in my van and the other 3 in tents - good company, lovely food, beautiful beaches and great weather MOSTLY! Everyone weathered the thunder and lightening one night even the dogs, with only one tent letting in the rain. HOWEVER, when we came to pack up on Saturday morning it was lashing it down. I had no problem and was packed up in no time but the tents were a different issue. All were large 4 man inflatables and by the time we had loaded the cars etc we were absolutely soaked. No problem really, we all had a change of clothes set aside and dashed off to the shower block for a hot shower and a change into dry clothes - NOT! the C @ CC site had both toilet blocks closed at the same time for cleaning, how stupid is that. Drove home in damp clothes and today have the task of drying the tents out. As the title says 'I know why I have a MH'!
PS: the inflatable Vango tents are amazing and are so easy to pitch etc, but they also bring a lot of water home.
your quite right Carol you just cant beat the ease and comfort of motorhoming:)(y)
Brian & Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Sorry, not wanting to divert this thread, but does everyone turn off the gas when travelling?

Brian
got to be honest we dont:whistle:
Brian & Jo

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sorry, not wanting to divert this thread, but does everyone turn off the gas when travelling?

Brian

No never apart from going through the Tunnel.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We don't bother turning off the gas we've got that safety device ball thingy under a green button in the gas locker. Petrol stations, naked flame, what's that all about? :LOL:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looking at the photograph in post #2 I couldn't help thinking there must be some seriously bow-legged folk up in those parts. Is it due to rickets brought on by poor diet or the lack of sunshine? :)

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Looking at the photograph in post #2 I couldn't help thinking there must be some seriously bow-legged folk up in those parts. Is it due to rickets brought on by poor diet or the lack of sunshine? :)

:reel: :moon2: :lips:

Brian

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back