truma non return valve (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2009
banbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have the truma boiler in my hymer, lately the hot water side of the system needs bleeding if the mh has been sitting for a while( a day or so). Looked on the truma website and it shows anon return valve on the schematics , but not where, the price list says it is essential for immersion pumps. I have a nrv on the cold water side and have no problems , or is ther something else wrong. run the taps to bleed the system and everything is ok

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I have the truma boiler in my hymer, lately the hot water side of the system needs bleeding if the mh has been sitting for a while( a day or so). Looked on the truma website and it shows anon return valve on the schematics , but not where, the price list says it is essential for immersion pumps. I have a nrv on the cold water side and have no problems , or is ther something else wrong. run the taps to bleed the system and everything is ok

not sure about the non return valve but if it is required then that would prevent any return of water from the boiler ;however if not, then when its left standing there is loss of water. there's two reasons why you have to bleed the system,either you have a leak in the system or the water pump diaphram is allowing water to reverse flow as there is no power to trigger the pump to pressurise the system.

I would firstly check all pipework for leaks including the boiler.

if you are sure there are no leaks then i would suspect that the waterpump needs some attention.

Regards

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
hot water problem

Hi, I had the same problem with our system.I was told that the pump (Reich) had an integral non return valve so you wont see it. Changed the pump,problem gone.

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back