Travelworlds Carnival Weekend (1 Viewer)

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
I wouldn't go if you paid me !
When I was looking for a new A Class I was met with indifference and when I expressed disappointment I was told it was because they had already met their targets for the year !!
I would guess their "crazy prices" relate to the stuff they can't sell. Clearly, as they've "met all targets for the year" there is unlikely to be anything of value left?
In my experience customer satisfaction will be the last thing on offer.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ooops post changed.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The great thing about Travelworld is that you can go and see different Motorhomes. Its not the same old collection of Autotrails and Swift products that you see in most salesrooms.

We ve always had good service from travelworld, and certainly feel like a valued customer even though we bargained really hard for our Arto.

I do know that the German Mhers cant get enough new Flairs - something like 2 years production was apparently sold at Dusseldorf show - so that the stock for the rest of europe is short. I also believe that TW bowed to pressure and sold their demos, so probably is worth giving them a call before you travel far.

They ve got a beautiful Clou there though, Im trying to persuade myself NOT to go and look at it, problem is they are only 30 minutes away from me.

http://www.motorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes-for-sale/niesmann-bischoff/clou-liner/800-ds/1608/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Its all about different things to different people. I don't like aires, others love them. I've found Travelworld to be excellent, I would go to their weekend but there is a bigger thing on that weekend in Hartlepool....

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I bought an RV from Travelworld, down the line the vehicle needed extensive and VERY expensive repairs, nothing they could have foreseen. With no quibbles, the service received was very good, the repairs were carried out to highest levels and made things better than new.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Although I've never bought from them I've always found them to be very professional and polite. Good place to visit and look at different models.
Having said that last time there did get the hard sell salesman pitch from some cocky bugger with pointy shoes. Obviously wasted on me but he did try bless him.:)

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I do know that the German Mhers cant get enough new Flairs - something like 2 years production was apparently sold at Dusseldorf show - so that the stock for the rest of europe is short. I also believe that TW bowed to pressure and sold their demos, so probably is worth giving them a call before you travel far.

http://www.motorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes-for-sale/niesmann-bischoff/clou-liner/800-ds/1608/

That probably explains why Travelworld haven't replied to my e-mail which I sent 3 days ago.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The great thing about Travelworld is that you can go and see different Motorhomes. Its not the same old collection of Autotrails and Swift products that you see in most salesrooms.

We ve always had good service from travelworld, and certainly feel like a valued customer even though we bargained really hard for our Arto.

They ve got a beautiful Clou there though, Im trying to persuade myself NOT to go and look at it, problem is they are only 30 minutes away from me.

The Clou Liner has been sold. We went to see it and it was a lot of van but also a lot of money for a 12 year old. The one thing that scuppered it for us was that you needed an HGV licence to drive it as it weighs 8.5 ton before there is anything put in it.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The Clou Liner has been sold. We went to see it and it was a lot of van but also a lot of money for a 12 year old. The one thing that scuppered it for us was that you needed an HGV licence to drive it as it weighs 8.5 ton before there is anything put in it.

I don't know whether to be dissapointed or relieved?

The 8.6t was gross. ASFAIK TW couldnt get it weighed because no-one there has got a HGV licence, I was thinking of offering to take it for them as was really wondering whether it would stand a downplate ( Licence isnt a problem but didnt fancy the lower speed limits and higher German tolls)

Ive seen and been in a few NB Clou's, the build quality is superb - very much up to a level and not down to a cost or weight. Unless they ve been really abused - the age is only an issue in terms of having a dated appearance.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The 8.6t was gross. ASFAIK TW couldnt get it weighed because no-one there has got a HGV licence,

They didn't used to bother, in fact at one time they made a point that an HGV licence wasn't required to drive over 7.5t, being a motorhome, it wasn't classed as commercial.. .. When I bought my Georgieboy from them back in 2005 that was their sales pitch..

IIRC one of Travelworlds' people was stopped and charged for not having an HGV licence and was in the process of being prosecuted, however the CPS didn't continue with it.
I think the person involved eventually sat and passed the test for his HGV (or whatever it's called these days)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'll be happy when this show has been and gone if that monstrous yellow and blue add in the top of my screen goes with it.:whistle:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Should have called it circus weekend.......run by clowns...In my opinion of course. Had bad service from them when we bought are RV

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Thought I explained my experience I thought I explained myself quite well!
I have an email from them telling me that my business is "no loss" to them as they have met their targets for 2015.
That's why I wouldn't deal with them and why I don't believe they value good customer relations!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
They recently paid us to rectify a problem on a new van that they had supplied, a problem that they couldn't have forseen happening. No drama no quibble.

I have also bought motorhomes from them and had good service

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We have received excellant service fron Travelworld could not praise them higher. Just to tip the balance

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
So there you have it the majority of feed back is very good

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I statred to feel like I was living on the TW stand at Stafford, I kept going and lookint the ExsisI 668 there and wondering, but it was SOOOO! expensive compared to the Euro price for the same in Germany. Karl the salesman reckoned the I was going to buy it,, but not yet, not that price .

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thought I explained my experience I thought I explained myself quite well!
I have an email from them telling me that my business is "no loss" to them as they have met their targets for 2015.
That's why I wouldn't deal with them and why I don't believe they value good customer relations!
Would love to see the email?

You'd would have to guess as we all didn't recieve the same email, that it was in response to one you sent to them? That would be interesting to see as well, in balance

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
As some one has already said this is to balance things out a little,When we were RV,ink we bought our WIndsport from TravelWorld and had excellent service and what we thought was a fair price and after sales was good.so after 9 yrs of RVing and deciding to go back to a European Motorhome we bought our N&B Arto from Travelworld.after spending many days with Karl deciding what spec we wanted and then 8months delivery time we now have our Motorhome .all I can say is the service has been excellent .the price we thought was fair after all it was what we wanted and specked.i can't speak highly enough of Karl and we now regard him as a friend.people sometimes forget that businesses are there to not only look after their customers but also to make a profit to enable to exist.we have our own retail business and it is NOT easy dealing with the public sometimes .dont get me wrong 95% of our customers are brilliant but there is always Mr.hardtoplease waiting in the wings.so there is always 2 sides to every story.im sure most business owners will agree with me on that point.
Brian & Jo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Nowt wrong with Travel World... (y)

Only problem I had was on a sensor on the garage, Alarm would not set, and rather than me drive 400 mile round trip told me to take it to a Dealer/Garage down south and they would pay.. Where another dealer when I had problem after problem had to take it back, except when it was un drivable.. :rolleyes:

Did me A good deal on a second hand Eurovan, where all others just wanted to rip me off.. :(

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Would love to see the email?

You'd would have to guess as we all didn't recieve the same email, that it was in response to one you sent to them? That would be interesting to see as well, in balance

Happy to copy the exchange. :-
From me:-
"As a result of your lack of interest and general indifference we have now purchased a Burstner at a cost approaching ÂŁ90,000 all in.

We wanted a Hymer but your lack of enthusiasm on the sales side caused us to wonder, were we to purchase, whether the after sales service would be any better."

From Travelworld:-
"No loss to Travelworld as we have already hit target for 2015".

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We recently bought a Hymer from Travelworld and found the salesman: Frank Draper excellent and a pleasure to deal with, however, that reply is not good. Better not to reply at all than reply in that manner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back