What are the tyre pressures of my Ford Herald MH? (1 Viewer)

D

dickymac

Deleted User
Hi,

I have just bought my first MH, a Ford Herald Squire 98, but I don't know the tyre pressures. Can someone please put me right?

Thanks
Richard

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi,

I have just bought my first MH, a Ford Herald Squire 98, but I don't know the tyre pressures. Can someone please put me right?

Thanks
Richard

Check Link Removed

Better idea would be to find your axle weights and contact michlin withe your tyre size as i personally think the tyre manufacturers know best

Regards

You may like to read my query Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I have never heard of your motorhome:Doh:, but a starting point would be to look at the max. load & pressure that is on the tyre wall, this would at least tell you the max. !!!:thumb::thumb:Then drop the pressures 'till at rides it's best.
Thats a start anyway
Nigel & Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Don't know for sure but assuming rear wheel drive,try 50 psi front and 60 psi rear until you find the official answer. Should see you O.K. for now.:thumb: p.s. nice looking vans those,enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dickymac

Deleted User
Thanks all!

Never heard of mine then!?? Got a complex before I even get on the road :cry: :RollEyes:

She does look good though! ::bigsmile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I have never heard of your motorhome:Doh:
Its a Ford Transit.
Becks Motor Homes - 1999 HERALD SQUIRE 400 RL for sale

My camper is a Transit and the pressures given (for diesel) are 50psi front 38psi rear. Loaded is same at front but 45psi rear.

Dickymac......a worthwhile purchase if you don't have any manual with your van is simply to go and buy a Haynes Ford Transit manual for the year model of your van.

All the mech tech spec and running gear is Ford Transit. The only part which isn't Ford is the plastic bit stuck on the back!

One thing is guaranteed......you will be able to get parts anywhere, even in pretty remote european countries and never have to worry about getting them flown in from the other side of the globe. Plus, Ford stuff is dirt cheap and plentiful.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Its a Ford Transit.
Becks Motor Homes - 1999 HERALD SQUIRE 400 RL for sale

My camper is a Transit and the pressures given (for diesel) are 50psi front 38psi rear. Loaded is same at front but 45psi rear.

Dickymac......a worthwhile purchase if you don't have any manual with your van is simply to go and buy a Haynes Ford Transit manual for the year model of your van.

All the mech tech spec and running gear is Ford Transit. The only part which isn't Ford is the plastic bit stuck on the back!

One thing is guaranteed......you will be able to get parts anywhere, even in pretty remote european countries and never have to worry about getting them flown in from the other side of the globe. Plus, Ford stuff is dirt cheap and plentiful.

Maybe yours is fwd, I think rwd will be harder on rear axle.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Found a site with a 400 RL and the max weight is 3,300 kg. My rwd van is 3,500 kg with psi 51 front and 65 rear. Shouldn't think the Herald will be far from these figures. :Cool:

OP
OP
D

dickymac

Deleted User
Thanks all for your time and great advice!

All the best!

Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back