Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Went to Cornwall last week. It was awful. we found a CL, no hookup! solar panel, site empty! wonderful all for £5.00 a night, plus diesel ok maybe spent £130 quid! ( mostly pasties and ice cream) absolutely fantastic. New to this but could get used to it...only 4th trip.
Please don't tell anyone that it seams... CL's with no hook up peak season have no one on them?
What a cheap week..
Site location? NO CHANCE!!! Ha Ha ha

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Glad you are enjoying cl's but please spare a thought for the cl owner - not much of an income/incentive for them to be able to keep the site open if it's empty :(

And if you're not sure what I mean, have a look at the Caravan Club's own forum, Club Together, in the cl section........owners get little support from the club.

Sorry - don't mean to preach :)

OP
OP
Rooky Vanner

Rooky Vanner

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Oops never thought of that... Selfish me. Its the CL near St Earth station, lovely spot and just under a mile from my sisters, perfect...No sea views but very peaceful and only 2 miles walk from Marazion and a lovely walk.
Enough clues!!! If its full next time I ring you gonna get hell Debs!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Listen Rooky - you are a bit daft you know. On a CL anywhere whatever club or organisation they may be affiliated to, it's only like pukka occasional visitors that the 5 van rule applies to. If it happens to have 5 vans on it, and the owner just so happens to have friends who wish to visit them at the same time - as long as there is space whilst still managing to comply with all the distance rules and everything - of course their friends can also go ! Of course - the friends don't even need to be club members.

I should have thought the owners would be some of your best personal friends by now, what with your family living just up the road, shouldn't you?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Oops never thought of that... Selfish me. Its the CL near St Earth station, lovely spot and just under a mile from my sisters, perfect...No sea views but very peaceful and only 2 miles walk from Marazion and a lovely walk.
Enough clues!!! If its full next time I ring you gonna get hell Debs!!
Sorry, didn't mean to guilt trip you, but I found it a real eye-opener when the cc started their forum and cl owners came on and gave their side of what things can be like. Some really struggle to cover their costs.

Sounds lovely though and I'm sure you'll be fine ;) most caravanners like to have a hook up these days.....
........but if they are full, feel free to whinge that it's all my fault :giggler:

OP
OP
Rooky Vanner

Rooky Vanner

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
I see I see, Its like that is it...
Didn't know the owner but very nice people and do now after 5 days there in solitary.
Lovely place never realised the benefit of CL's and no Electric hookup till now. I bought a solar panel and we are trying to go without hookup just for the hell of it but found it really good.
The site owner said he gets very few due to the lack of hook up and said he had no intentions of changing...(read into that what you like) Nearly back to my old scouting days, well, nearly, though I believe they have banned stretch and staking out. Pah... modern ways!!!

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed on a C&CC CS a couple of months ago. They already had more than the supposed 5 vans on there when we arrived, owner said he couldn't help it if 'friends and family' had come to stay!

He said that the C&CC are bringing in a new rule that says CS owners will not be allowed to advertise their sites on websites like ukcampsite.co.uk, just rely on their listing on the C&CC site, doesn't seem fair at all to me.

Paul

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed on a CS a little while ago that had numbered pitch markers.

We were on pitch 6!

CS are allowed to have up to 5 caravans or motorhomes AND 10 tents at anyone time. So in theory they could have 15 pitches and not be breaking any rules.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
CS are allowed to have up to 5 caravans or motorhomes AND 10 tents at anyone time. So in theory they could have 15 pitches and not be breaking any rules.

I know that. I'd be amazed if there have ever been any tents on this particular one though. (y)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I know that. I'd be amazed if there have ever been any tents on this particular one though. (y)

Oops - sorry. Thought you were querying the 5 van rule yet you were on pitch 6. My misunderstanding.

Going back to the OP we stayed on a CL in Wales last July. We booked at last minute and thought we'd struggle to get a pitch but no problem. The site was only £6 and had a loo and shower as well but no EHU. There was only us and one other caravan who had a portable solar panel. Absolutely lovely site and we couldn't figure out why they weren't busier. We came to the conclusion in the end that most people these days seem to prefer EHU. It was Gwernallt for anyone interested. Still showing on the caravan club site as only £6.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
not just me living on bread and dripping then. If August is a busy as the year to date we shall close next year. It is a thankless task offering affordable camping in a desirable area and sit there watching hundreds of motorhomes fly on past.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
not just me living on bread and dripping then. If August is a busy as the year to date we shall close next year. It is a thankless task offering affordable camping in a desirable area and sit there watching hundreds of motorhomes fly on past.

It's a shame really. I shall make sure I use your site next time I am nearby... Errrr.. wherever you are...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back