digital aeriels (1 Viewer)

madtalismanglupgrader

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Funster No
There seems to be a bewildering variety of aerials about. Also I've been told that unless you have a proper digital aeriel the sound can keep dropping out. Is this true and can anyone recommend an aerial for my new 15ft extending pole?

Cheers PRS

I can't spell aerial/aeriel but that shouldn't make any difference!!!

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
There seems to be a bewildering variety of aerials about. Also I've been told that unless you have a proper digital aeriel the sound can keep dropping out. Is this true and can anyone recommend an aerial for my new 15ft extending pole?

Cheers PRS

I can't spell aerial/aeriel but that shouldn't make any difference!!!

We carry a "K" ariel in case it's too windy for our Maxview. We attach it to a pole fastened to our bike rack. Run the lead in through a window. works a treat. :thumb:

OP
OP
M

madtalismanglupgrader

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Funster No
Thanks 4 that but forgive me what is a 'K' aerial? Or a 'maxview' ? Isthat a static round on the roof job?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you fancy spending around £115 then a STATUS 530/ 535 will take some beating,but will not fix to your pole (fitted on van roof) other than that just get a normal house Ariel (Cheaper probably a just as good a picture :thumb:) just does not look as good to fit your pole (£10 / 15 ):thumb::thumb:
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks 4 that but forgive me what is a 'K' aerial? Or a 'maxview' ? Isthat a static round on the roof job?

i suspect the 'K' aerial is a normal directional one but im not 100%.

maxview.....depends on what Ken has but i think he means a maxview roof mounted sattelite dish.....these can be knocked off line by high winds (allegedly)

forget the round things on the roof. total waste of time unless you can see the TV transmitter.
took mine off and binned it.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Just to clarify ..

Is this for terrestrial TV , DAB Radio or Sat TV ?

Jim

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

Maxview is a "Sky" satellite dish. A "K" ariel is a household ariel as used for free to air digital. There are three (I think) sizes we have the middle one, if viewed from the side there is a long centre bar with two "wings" at 45 degrees and looks like a letter K.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
i suspect the 'K' aerial is a normal directional one but im not 100%.

maxview.....depends on what Ken has but i think he means a maxview roof mounted sattelite dish.....these can be knocked off line by high winds (allegedly)

forget the round things on the roof. total waste of time unless you can see the TV transmitter.
took mine off and binned it.

Should have put it on Fleabay, your slipping!

Mine works perfectly (on a boat)

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you fancy spending around £115 then a STATUS 530/ 535 will take some beating,but will not fix to your pole (fitted on van roof) other than that just get a normal house Ariel (Cheaper probably a just as good a picture :thumb:) just does not look as good to fit your pole (£10 / 15 ):thumb::thumb:
terry

Status aerial S315 on Fleabay £87-93p Link Removed

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Sorry to hijack ya post mate but will the yank ariel still work wen it switched over?

Boo

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Status aerial S315 on Fleabay £87-93p Link Removed
:ROFLMAO: JUST HOW MUCH had you drank at 9.15 last night Peter ?:ROFLMAO: what has the 315 got to do with the 530 / 535 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry
edit I know you do not like to miss a sale but you could at least sell the same thing for comparison heeeheee

Last edited:
T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
I bought a 32 element Analogue/Digital aerial from E-Bay a few months back, works a treat and have had no problems so far - Link Removed :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back