Diabetic - Chance Of Regaining C1e? (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I may be coming off insulin as blood sugars are so well controlled and hardly on any insulin at all. I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to whether I could get my C1E entitlement back which i lost when I started insulin...

I will ring the DVLA tomorrow (wish me luck as I will need it talking to those clowns!:)) but was just wondering if i'm barking up he wrong tree..We live in hope.

tried to put this on diabetics group but seem to have lost access....

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking online it says you need 3 months of recoded readings before re assessment
Broken Link Removed
Hope I read it right
Best of luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Looking online it says you need 3 months of recoded readings before re assessment
Broken Link Removed
Hope I read it right
Best of luck

Thanks, that makes sense....Its early days!

Hey! what a bunch of sweeties:)

its not that I want to get an RV or anything:LOL: would just like to get out from under the yoke of injections and driving restrictions...

Hmm........fulltiming:D

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
I'm sure the regulations changed a year or so ago and they are now a little more favourable towards the person wishing to recover their licence entitlement. you could stand a reasonable chance although I agree with Robert about your needing to show a few months of good results.

Good luck.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
sheree recently got her PSV back after attending a hospital with her three months of readings.
It all took a while but as she's Sussed what she's doing and can prove it. It's a simple process.
Good luck

Cheers. Nige

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hope it is good news. Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Not diabetic but I needed to inject on a daily basis sometimes - I voluntarily suspended for 3 months whilst I did all the blood test readings to prove I had it right. Had it not been correct I may have lost my licence for good as being unfit to drive. I have regular check-ups and tend not to drive when I need to do the jabs as it means I am not well (and I feel bl***y awful then anyway). GP and hospital are happy with this. DVLA are not interested in conditions that are not reportable unless you have been advised not to drive by a medical professional- or so they wrote to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
well I called DVLA and as I suspected about as pointless as talking to a wall. some robot reading of a script..programmed to repeat with no deviation.

I simply wanted to know a general "what if". but they cant handle such inquires.......where do they get these staff!lol

when you come of insulin we will send a form..when you come of insulin we will send a form..when you come of insulin we will send a form..when you come of insulin we will send a form

Get the picture?:D

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i hate talking to minimum wage robots quite often i have the web page that they are reading in front of me and start reading it a little faster than them that really confuses them then i ask to speak to a supervisor

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
well I called DVLA and as I suspected about as pointless as talking to a wall. some robot reading of a script..programmed to repeat with no deviation.

I simply wanted to know a general "what if". but they cant handle such inquires.......where do they get these staff!lol

when you come of insulin we will send a form..when you come of insulin we will send a form..when you come of insulin we will send a form..when you come of insulin we will send a form

Get the picture?:D

Think I've got it. They're going to send you four forms? Shouldn't joke really, they probably will and lose all of them when you send them back.;)
Best of luck with your condition and even better luck with DVLA.(y)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just tell them you want / need the form as you have come off insulin. No discussion.

Brill .....just did that..forms on the way:)

at least know I know the answer as have two choices: I can either go for the car license (restricted to 3500 I guess as now). Or if I want the C1E I have to meet the higher medical requirements.:(

So as I feared I dont automatically regain te C1E

It would be nice to just get a normal license back and not worry every 3 years......More then happy to stay at 3500kg

anyone know what the higher medical requirements are?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back