Astrophotography (1 Viewer)

K

kenj

Deleted User
I am thinking of doing a bit of Asrophtography the next time i use the m/home,just wonderd if any body else had done any, and if so what camera did you use. By the look of thing's it would appear that Canon's are the best with the supplied pc software,thank's

Ken

OP
OP
K

kenj

Deleted User
Hi Maureen,
Thank's for the link will have a good read later,just thought it would be nice on a clear night on a small cl with no light pollution to take a few astro photo's. Just been checking out your blog Maureen very nice indeed,thank's for sharing.

Ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
I have a Nikon D80
On a very dark cl/site/anywhere wheres theres no street lighting place camera on tripod point to sky put settings to Bulb and leave. you'd be amazed at the movement in the sky.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

I have a Meade ETX 125 PE that I have used in conjunction with my D200 and tubes. I also have a Meade LPI but the software does not work with Vista. When I had XP, I took some very good pics of different heavnly bodies (But thats another story!!!)

OP
OP
K

kenj

Deleted User
Thank's for reply's,how do you people rate your Nikon's for long exposure,most astro site's say best camera for astro work is Canon as it handles long exposure and noise a lot better than Nikon.I did fancy the Sony a700,no live view but i intend to only use a lap top, so i dont think this should be a problem,plus a zigviewer.Also looking at Canon 40/50d and Nikon D300.

Ken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back