Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
For this years holiday we've booked into a couple to sites in the S of F for 2 weeks and plan on stopping at some of the France Passion places on the way down and back.

Does anyone have any experience of stopping at any of these places? How easy/difficult was it finding the place? What was parking area and the reception like? Would you do it again?

Thanks, any input appreciated.

Mick

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi mick

there is no standard france passion site. some are better than campsites. some are just a piece of concrete to park on.

i have some good meals and one awful meal. i have one favourite, a goat farm in the jura, that i visit on every trip over the water to stock up on their wonderful cheese.

the directions are often economical with the truth on distances but i've always managed to find the site i was looking for.

i keep a record of the lat/long of the few places i've visited. any idea of which areas you will be looking for FP spots in?

i have always had a warm welcome at each of the FP sites i've visited.

it's very much a case of suck it & see.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
hi
We used French Passion a few times last winter when travelling to and from Spain and found the sites very good but basic as you would expect. The directions were not always the best but we found them in the end. We felt safer than in Aires especially when we were the only campers and only used sites if a w c was available (my wife is a coeliac so this was an important consideration for us )
Hope you have a great time we cant wait for September to be on the road again
Wanderer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
thanks for your comments. We don't expect anything beyond some where to park the RV and either some wine or food ::bigsmile:

It will be high season (G's a teacher) so we'll be selecting 3/4 for each area we plan to stop in and taking pot luck on what's available. Well that's the plan :RollEyes:

Once again thanks for your comments.

Mick

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Mick

As previously mentioned, finding them isn't easy, they don't have GPS co ordinates and few have sign posts, so searching in an RV off the beaten track will be stressful, to say the least .. and even if you find one it may not have suitable access or parking for a large motorhome.. :Sad:

For these reasons I always use aires, they are easy to find and most will accommodate your RV.. If you click on the link in my signature ( RV Suitable Sites ) you will see a Google map with all the ones we have used .. and recommend.

hth

Jim

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Hello Jim

Yes we have thought about that, however some of the locations are marked +3.5t and if they make wine they will probably ship it out in trucks (well that's the thinking) so there should be enough space for us to get to them.

We plan to select a few locations for each area we want to stop in and then use Google maps to explore the area before we try to approach, or even leave home ::bigsmile:

I've already "borrowed" your aire locations and have them loaded onto our laptop so will use them if all else fails, thanks. Though we do like a drop (or two) of wine so will persevere with France Passion.

Cheers

Mick

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hello Jim

Yes we have thought about that, however some of the locations are marked +3.5t and if they make wine they will probably ship it out in trucks (well that's the thinking)

TRUCKS :Eeek: .. yes I've seen the horse and carts hauling wine.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck, it will be interesting to see if you find any RV suitable FP sites.. and if your willing to share them I would much appreciate the locations with the co ordinates so I can add them to the Google map :Smile:

Cheers

Jim

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
France Passion POI

Hi All,

just reading through this thread and wondered if anyone would be interested in a list of Lat/long's for the France Passion sites. I haven't used it myself but it was compiled by a past member of another Mh'ing site :Smile: , Phil Whiles and is happy for it to be used by any fellow MH'er

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Jim, no problem. I'll make a note of GPS info to add to your excellent Google map. As we try to keep a video record of where we go, you could even see how easy/difficult it was following the horse and cart :ROFLMAO:

Vennwood thanks for the info.

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back