Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
has anyone ever been to Puy Du fou theme park. for those that did, did you book in advance, etc etc.
I know there is a cheap camper car park there but like to know where are the show times advertised, etc etc. in other words, any thoughts

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We went a couple of years ago. The aire is within walking distance of the entrance. We were given a program with the show times on arrival at the Parc. If you get the chance to go, take it as it is a great day and night time experience. We had tickets booked in advance, make sure you book for the night show as well.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
the only thing putting me off is the thought of it being so busy that we have to act like lunatics to get seats to see a show. i want a nice relaxed atmosphere in my life. ( i have an 8 and 13 year old to worry about.......... my wife has three of us to worry about)

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
forgot to mention, it will be the last week in aug or first week in sept that we will be heading that way.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I have wanted to go to the evening show ever since reading about it in Ruth Sylvestre's Sunflower trilogy about her French holiday home.
It was written a few years ago but she said that the big night-time show was fully booked months in advance. She did also say it was superbly well organised on the getting in and out front.
If you go please report back.
I would have a look on their website and give them a call. They are bound to have an English speaker as it is such a tourist attracting event.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Link Removed

Above is my take on it from a few years ago. Best book the night time show (Cinescenie) in advance. Last time we were there it only ran on Fri and Sat because much of the huge cast are locals who have jobs and schools to go to in the week. They don't cancel for rain - we watched it during an extended downpour. It's like Breughel on acid - the world's biggest open air show.

The aire is the biggest I've seen anywhere - Puy du Fou is France's most visited home-grown theme park, only topped by Disneyland Paris for popularity. There are no rides as such, just staged historical Spectaculars, mostly outdoors, and various static displays and themed areas to walk around.

As for the main park, if you want to be laid back about it and take it as you find it you should allow two days to get round. Problem is that costs more. If you plan ahead and juggle the Spectaculars timetable carefully so you don't spend time twiddling your thumbs between shows you can do the whole lot in a day, including a themed mid-day meal. We have.

It'll be different to anything you'll have seen before, and the French are very good at this sort of thing. Also, it's not the French copying the Disney formula - Puy du Fou was there before Disneyland turned up.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
We have been twice taking friends on both occasions. It is the best kept French secret. The Aire is 5 euros a night and you pay on exit. We bought tickets over the phone because we wanted a disability ticket. Cheap in comparison to UK prices.

We have on arrived on Wednesday ready to go in the park on Thursday. The park has 5 main shows all of which are different. In the evening after dark the show is included in your day ticket. It takes place on a lake and depicts a love story between a violinist and a pianist. We re-visit the shows on Friday we missed on Thursday or that we want to see again. The evening show on Friday / Saturday night is spectacular. There is a separate charge but well worth the money. There are 4000 local people involved with 7000 costume changes with a menagerie of animals included in the show. It all takes place in a vast area in front of you in the dark.

I can't encourage you to go more that to say we had planned to go again this year except our friends had a medical issue so we postponed our French visit. All the information is on their website including prices and video of the shows.

GO ... IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT

Colin

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Thanks for all the replies. I was looking at the booking last night on the web site, and it does look like the night shows are booked out. I think i will ring to book. I will report back when back home at the end of sept.
Dave

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hello sorry to but in but we're looking at going too ,during the French holidays and with a dog .
Has anyone got any experience of putting a dog into their kennels ,which as if advertised leads you to believe your dog won't want to go home with you!
And how packed can it get in summer ?

Vlad

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We (family of four) visited last week of July, so I guess peak season.

Was certainly busy but never unbearable. A few ignorant people for sure but I guess that's any popular tourist destination...

We did two days on the park which was adequate with no need to rush. Thought the admission prices were very reasonable, annual passes exceptional value.

Out timings were out so missed the night shows but we will be back - loved it !

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
And how packed can it get in summer ?

The various auditoriums (auditoria?) can only take so many people, so the trick is to look closely at the staggered timetabling of the shows and aim to be at the next auditorium in plenty of time to stroll in and get a place. Trying to sprint between the end of one show and the start of the next is sheer folly. The vast majority of visitors tend to just bimble about, so a bit of forethought will see you through.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back