Neighbours Motorhome Problems (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Our neighbours after hearing us extolling the virtues of Motorhoming have gone out and bought a new Peugeot based coachbuilt.They have done about 500miles in it and have had a few minor but annoying problems which the Dealer has sorted except the vehicles tendency to pull to the nearside.The dealer has said they nor the Peugeot dealer can find anything wrong!!We both have very sloping drives and he say's when he releases the hand brake the vehicle doe'snt roll back!!is this a safety feature or could it be sticking brakes?As I am a Transit fan I know nothing about Peugeot vehicles!!Also yesterday I returned home and parked on my drive and was aware of a very loud clicking and erratic noise coming from the neighbours drive.I walked round and could hear it was coming from their new camper.It sounded like the starter solenoid or something similar but didn't appear to be coming from the door locks .By the time I had managed to get them out of the garden the noise had stopped.The vehicle was locked and alarmed!I'm beginning to think I imagined it!!Any ideas?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I've not heard of hill start assist being fitted to vans, but I suppose it is possible?

As for the clicking, is there a possibility that there was a bird wandering around on the roof? We got awoken at stupid o' clock the other day by an annoying ticking, went outside, and a crow flew off of the roof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I could be Hill Start Assist, we have it on our Peugeot. It isn't designed to hold the vehicle stationary indefinitely though, I've never tried it for longer than 5 seconds.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our previous van (2004 Autoquest 100) was on a Peugeot base. We never noticed any driving problems with it - until it was visited by the Asda delivery van that is :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
my last two panel vans a 20111 adria and 2013 Possl/globecar both had/have hill hold.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
hi GJH
Get in touch with the CSA !,They will make the ASDA van face the music!!
Tea Bag

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Our 11 yr/old Autotrail, (Merc) has hill start assist.......
Cheers, Dave(y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Our 2011 Transit base MH has hill start assist ( lights up in speedo screen when active ).

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a vehicle pulling to one side could be as simple as a soft tyre through to twisted or badly aligned suspension via wheel alignment etc
get it checked by an independent garage

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The lack of 'roll back' is a red herring, it sounds like the tracking is out or the wheel(s) isn't balanced correctly to me, the other alternative is if it's on an Alko chassis as it could be out of kilter but this is a long shot. We had a brand new Nissan once and found that one of the front wheels was badly worn on one edge due to the tracking being off.

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ours used to pull to near side we swapped the front wheels over (n/s to o/s ) and did the trick apparently the tyres wear to the camber off the road

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ours used to pull to near side we swapped the front wheels over (n/s to o/s ) and did the trick apparently the tyres wear to the camber off the road
if you believe that, do you want to buy some magic beans?
the camber of all roads vary and most are virtually flat. if one tyre is wearing faster than the opposite side, you need the tracking checked and adjusted

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
if you believe that, do you want to buy some magic beans?
the camber of all roads vary and most are virtually flat. if one tyre is wearing faster than the opposite side, you need the tracking checked and adjusted

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Good friend with an 2014 Pug based camper had similar problem with the loud (very loud) clicking, we all heard it when on a rally something to do with the alarm, relay unit was culprit as I remember located behind drivers side headlight. Clicking sound was actually being amplified through alarm sounder. His dealer sorted it and told him they had a faulty batch of alarm units.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back