Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just booked the chunnel for the Italian Job ( on bikes ) in a few weeks time
So far 1150GS, 2 x 1200GS, Deauville ( I think but canna remember ! ) and the wing

Funsters going are Richard ( The Scotties ), Brian ( Hilldweller ) and myself

Out on the 27th of July, back on the 3rd of August.. Destination Riva Del Garda and a massive piss up with the German and Italian !!

As a couple of the others do not have either the stamina or the butt quality it will be a two day run there and two days back

If anyone fancies it shout me up

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh I dunno.. If you leave casa JJ about now and head for Italy, we will meet you there mate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi, I am one of 20 cars/motorbikes doing the "race for freedom " in aid of the forces charities.
Going Calais to south of France, Monaco, Grenoble, Milan,Stelvio, Klosters, Baden Baden the back to Calais and the drive back to Dundee !!
4000 + miles, so if you see us give us a wave, there is a mix of cars and bikes but there is at least 5 Mx5's !
I will be in the red Mk2 with the roof down !! hopefully all the way !!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Put me down to go please.
I reckon I can just make it at a push.
Taking Jan to a music festival in the van that weekend but reckon I can get home in time to get to Dover late on Sunday night ready for the chunnel on Monday. Can take 5 hours to Dover from here so it'll have to be Sunday and some kip in a B&B, getting home is not a problem so I'm in I reckon.
Be first trip on my new bike only go it yesterday gotta run it in and get first service done bummer they can't do it until 16th.
Oh well give me time to hunt tent out of the attic and my camping gear and fathom out how I'm gonna tie it in a brand new bike.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nice one Rory !!

Ok mate so I'll book tunnel outward Folkestone to Calais Monday 27th July @ 10.20 am and return Calais to Folkestone Monday 3rd August @ 8.20pm.
Is that correct if so I'll get it booked.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok mate so I'll book tunnel outward Folkestone to Calais Monday 27th July @ 10.20 am and return Calais to Folkestone Monday 3rd August @ 8.20pm.
Is that correct if so I'll get it booked.

Spot on Rory

Ferry booked outbound.

In bound, not sure, I'll have my freedom and an "adventure bike" , be a shame to rush it. BRNO MotoGP has just been confirmed.

Nice.. Except Ferry ?? Not Chunnel ????

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nice.. Except Ferry ?? Not Chunnel ????

God knows. Just dreaming. But if the weather is kind and it is August, I Feel The Need.

There are so many places where I've said "****** motorhome, if only we were on a bike". Quite recently travelling from Mugello to Garda, then Garda to Germany. I've lots of unfinished business.

For the first time TomTom too charge of some routes, it found routes to die for on a bike that were half an hour in second at 20 mph Up, followed by half and hour at 20 mph in second Down with a nasty hot smell. We pulled into view points and cursed the bikers on there.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi Jaws I quite fancy this trip. Have you got some details please.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So far 1150GS, 2 x 1200GS, Deauville ( I think but canna remember ! ) and the wing

Funsters going are Richard ( The Scotties ), Brian ( Hilldweller ) and myself

Brian on a 650 V Strom. Rory on a BMW, unknown but surely a GS, and Edgy, almost certainly a GS coz everywhere I go there are herds of GSs all with the inevitable tin boxes on the back.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellllllll.. after a wee ride out around Scotland I am very happy to report the Wing behaved well.. Returned an average MPG of over 40, and was a delight to munch miles on.. 2300 miles and apart from dropping the occasional bit ( expensive bits :oops: ) of its self around the Scottish highlands was a real delight..
Knocking out 3-400 miles a day was a total doddle !!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thats good news apart from the bits dropping off.
Can't put a big day in yet as BMW couldn't do the 600 mile service for 2 weeks. Already done nearly 700 so knackered until Monday. Need to put a couple of 300 plus days in ideally before we go.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh dear, guess who let the side down......

Errrrrr, me.

I set off at 6:45 for my B&B in Folkestone, timed to be dry. Doing well, by 11:00 I was eating my second breakfast in the Stanstead services. But when I came out SPLAT. Then SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT . All the way to Folkestone. On the M25 it was wicked, like being in a power shower.

I arrive on doorstep of B&B and immediately create a lake. They take my coat and hang it in the kitchen with towels underneath to catch the drips. I stuff towels in my trousers where they had got wet due to the turbulence ripping holes in my waterproof over trousers. I am miserable on an unbelievable scale.

So I browse every forecast site I can and they all say RAIN RAIN RAIN. Monday was scheduled to be 400 miles dash to Mannheim, allegedly every inch in heavy rain. So I texted out leader with "Sorry, I'm out". I just could not face it.

Grade One Wimp. But a dry one, safely home and dreaming of the next adventure.

This leaves me with the feeling that these motorhome things have got a really good future.

For the sake of the other six I hope the forecasts are wrong.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Ferry booked outbound.

In bound, not sure, I'll have my freedom and an "adventure bike" , be a shame to rush it. BRNO MotoGP has just been confirmed.

Have you been to Brno before, we fancy being there next year as part of a tour with our M/H, any advice on campsites etc please.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have you been to Brno before, we fancy being there next year as part of a tour with our M/H, any advice on campsites etc please.

No. Just watched it on TV and looks pretty impressive. But see my comments on Le Mans and Mugello somewhere on here, there will be no more Hilldweller camping on site at foreign MotoGP races.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@hilldweller Brian that's not being a wimp it's just been sensible (but maybe you may want to adjust your signature) the thing is as we mature self preservation kicks in. :D

Looking forward to some reports of @Jaws and @Forestboy and @edgy have fun and stay safe. (y)

Qjumper

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Whitley Bay
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2004
Oh dear, I'm new here and maybe I should change my bike?
image.jpg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
However, Jaws is always being mistaken for John Travolta and submitting to the demands of insatiable women.[/QUOTE]

:makeup: :* :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back