Oyster Digital Not Finding Satellite (1 Viewer)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
My dish just spins and cant find astra2 satellite, a phone call to Oyster , 01858 575 928 produced quick answer that I needed to download new software, instructions arrived via email within 5 mins. Followed instructions and all was well. Idea is to point it at Astra 1, download and thats it. 5 star treatment from Oyster. Ours is a 2 year old digital system. There was no inputting of info apart from a code number which Oyster provided in the instructions.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
My dish just spins and cant find astra2 satellite, a phone call to Oyster , 01858 575 928 produced quick answer that I needed to download new software, instructions arrived via email within 5 mins. Followed instructions and all was well. Idea is to point it at Astra 1, download and thats it. 5 star treatment from Oyster. Ours is a 2 year old digital system. There was no inputting of info apart from a code number which Oyster provided in the instructions.
Hi, could you post the instructions for the benefit of others who may come across their oyster system not finding Astra2

Regards David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
OK, I couldnt upload the file, possibly as now an odt file? ( still a luddite) so have cut and pasted it, hope its all there........

Oyster Digital/Internet update and Internet setup procedure

The following instructions are for the updating of software, firmware and channel list to Oyster Digital/Internet systems from 2007 onwards. Please note that not all units included this feature from new and any system purchased between 2007 and Nov 2008 that has not been updated since will have to be returned to us for this to be carried out in order to access the following. Also explained in this sheet is how to configure the Oyster Internet systems to the required Internet mode.Note didnt copy the internet bit!

Updating software and Channel list

The Oyster digital system has a procedure built in to assist should there be any updates, changes or additions to the software that you will require to keep your unit in full working order. It will also make changes to the channel list programmed into the system should any channels move, be turned off or new ones added. To access this update procedure please take the following steps.

1. Turn on the Oyster system and as the dish raises press exit

2. Press exit a second time to clear all menu’s from the screen

3. Press the menu button on the remote

4. Select Main menu from the show list

5. Select Satellite update from the subsequent list
The Satellite will now begin to search displaying “Update service, search active” on the TV screen until it locks on to Astra 1 where the update information is stored. Once it has established a lock the software will shut down and you will be taken to the recovery console menu. Again follow these steps to access the update.

6 Select option 1 to search for updates

7 Enter the update code 126805200422000

The system will now search for available updates on the Satellite. When it is done you will be displayed four options.

Please note: If you enter the code wrong at any point simply press exit to return to the menu and start again.

8. Select option 1 for firmware update
The system will now download the current available software to your system. When this is done it will prompt you to press exit. This will then bring you back to the recovery console menu. Please note that if you are already running the current software version the system will tell you and prompt you to press exit again bringing you back to the recovery console menu. You will then need to update the systems channel list.
9. Select option 1 to search for updates
10. Enter the Update code 126805200422000
The system will again search for available updates on the Satellite displaying the four options when it’s done.

11. Select option 2 for Channel list update
The system will now download the current available channel list to your system. When this is done it will prompt you to press exit which will then bring you back to the recovery console menu.
12. Press 9 to boot firmware
The system will now reboot and a picture will come onto the screen. It should then automatically start a search for your default Satellite but if it does not then please follow these steps.

1. Press Menu
2. Select Oyster Digital CI
3. Select Search Via Location or Internet Service (Whichever is preferred)I used location
4. Choose current country The system will now begin to search and within a few moments should acquire the requested Satellite and operate as normal and the procedure is complete.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, could you post the instructions for the benefit of others who may come across their oyster system not finding Astra2

Regards David

Many thanks

David

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If your dish of oysters is spinning I suggest drink less wine with them. :)

13285491-large.jpg

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
My Oyster Vision 2 (up-dated prior to prchasing the motorhome 5 months ago) will not find Astra 2, the dish goes up, spins, alters the elevation, but finds nothing.

I haven't used the system for 3 weeks prior to this last w/e. Previously Astra 2 has been found with no apparent problems.
I know it's rained a lot lately, but would that affect the lnb ?

I'd like to see if I could locate Astra 1, to see if the lnb was ok, but I've not got instructions on how to manipulate the system.

I found this thread but I'm not sure of some of the terms being used...reference is made to pressing the menu button on the 'remote'...is that the 'operating control device' that is hard wired to the control unit ? This small box has the following icons on it...sat dish, back arrow, forward arrow, and a tick.
If it's not the same box, then I've not got the remote.

The Oyster is great when it's working, but if anything goes wrong it's not as easy to fettle as the dish clamped on a pole clamped to the roof access ladders.

Hope someone can help me.

regards

Allen

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My Oyster Vision 2 (up-dated prior to prchasing the motorhome 5 months ago) will not find Astra 2, the dish goes up, spins, alters the elevation, but finds nothing.

I haven't used the system for 3 weeks prior to this last w/e. Previously Astra 2 has been found with no apparent problems.
I know it's rained a lot lately, but would that affect the lnb ?

I'd like to see if I could locate Astra 1, to see if the lnb was ok, but I've not got instructions on how to manipulate the system.

I found this thread but I'm not sure of some of the terms being used...reference is made to pressing the menu button on the 'remote'...is that the 'operating control device' that is hard wired to the control unit ? This small box has the following icons on it...sat dish, back arrow, forward arrow, and a tick.
If it's not the same box, then I've not got the remote.

The Oyster is great when it's working, but if anything goes wrong it's not as easy to fettle as the dish clamped on a pole clamped to the roof access ladders.

Hope someone can help me.

regards

Allen

I'm resurrecting this thread as I'm having this exact problem and as @walburga describes the same box that I have. I would appreciate any help on this thanks

Did you get yours sorted walburga...?

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Yes..all sorted...I'm sure I posted that all was now working as it should be.

Anyhow, I'll repeat what I did to sort it :-

''a previous poster mentioned Oyster Sat-tech (ten-haft Oyster makers) on 0858 575 928, so I thought give them a go....I spoke to a lovely lady called Margaret, who knew all about the problem...at least 3 of the transponders on astra 2 have changed, she took me through the procedure of changing them whilst I still had the phone in my hand.
Everything working now as it should.
Margaret said that 1 of the transponders was still ok, and that the system would've eventually found it after it had gone through the other now redundant ones.
Brilliant response from Oyster Sat-tech, especially Margaret.''

This was from late December, it went off tune again mid March...so I again talked to Margaret, she said that the transponder frequencies had changed again, and proceded to talk me through the new values over the phone...only takes a few minutes. All ok once again.

Hope that helps.

Allen

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Yes..all sorted...I'm sure I posted that all was now working as it should be.

Anyhow, I'll repeat what I did to sort it :-

''a previous poster mentioned Oyster Sat-tech (ten-haft Oyster makers) on 0858 575 928, so I thought give them a go....I spoke to a lovely lady called Margaret, who knew all about the problem...at least 3 of the transponders on astra 2 have changed, she took me through the procedure of changing them whilst I still had the phone in my hand.
Everything working now as it should.
Margaret said that 1 of the transponders was still ok, and that the system would've eventually found it after it had gone through the other now redundant ones.
Brilliant response from Oyster Sat-tech, especially Margaret.''

This was from late December, it went off tune again mid March...so I again talked to Margaret, she said that the transponder frequencies had changed again, and proceded to talk me through the new values over the phone...only takes a few minutes. All ok once again.

Hope that helps.

Allen

Thanks I'll give it a go......:pray:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just called Athony Read (http://ten-haaft.com/en/?noredirect=en_GB) who were excellent. Fantastic customer service :)

I was watching my dish just spin while it tried to lock onto an Astra 2 signal. One quick phone call and 10 mins later, Anthony had me all updated and locked back on with a system update :)

No mess, no fuss, just a very knowledgeable and patient man who talked me through the entire process :)

He said he's been inundated since March with phone calls. He thought it might be down to people taking their motorhomes out after a winter stand down :)

If your struggling, give him a call and see what he can do :)

Ended up with an email pasted below:

Good afternoon,

Please see below for our address details.

Should you wish to book in to have the system software updated at some point then please contact me on the office number below.

Kind regards,

Anthony Read

Senior Technical Advisor,

Oyster Sat-Tech LTD

Unit 5 Hemploe Bus Park

Hemploe Road

Welford

Northants

NN6 6HF

Office:

Direct line:

Mobile: