LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hate disposable barbecues with a passion since a friend got badly burnt treading on one buried in the sand on the beach. they carry on smouldering for hours and are banned in many places like the new forest and beaches

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Very handy if used with consideration and safety in mind we have used them in the past always put out with water
and dispose of correctly.
I don't think they are to bad if properly used
bill

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Very handy if used with consideration and safety in mind we have used them in the past always put out with water
and dispose of correctly.
I don't think they are to bad if properly used
bill
£1.89 from home bargains, got 5, far less weight and space than cadac one did us steak and barbied taters ,ready in ten mins from lighting, no washing up ,no carting back, was only joking really but want some faulting for a short stay

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Good as a backup if used sensibly, but I've seen so many dumped and left burning on Whitstable beach, they get themselves a bad name. Or maybe it's just the DFL's that bring them
Glad we moved to Deal.......

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We use our cadac to cook bacon in the morning
We use it to grill sausages for lunch
We use it to cook steaks perfectly in the evening

Nobody got burned
Hot trays to try and dispose of
Cadac - cleaner, safer and less hassle

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not for us.

We'll be sticking with the Cadac thanks (y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We use our cadac to cook bacon in the morning
We use it to grill sausages for lunch
We use it to cook steaks perfectly in the evening

Nobody got burned
Hot trays to try and dispose of
Cadac - cleaner, safer and less hassle
No probs, as I said in an earlier thread we also have a cadac and if you are staying in one place for a day or two and can leave it up, fine but just for a one off its a lot more hassel and cant see what the problem is with disposal, just put it in the nearest bin.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No probs, as I said in an earlier thread we also have a cadac and if you are staying in one place for a day or two and can leave it up, fine but just for a one off its a lot more hassel and cant see what the problem is with disposal, just put it in the nearest bin.
You can only put it in the bin hours later once its finaly cooled down
I let my Cadac in a stacking box and can pack it away after only a few minutes
Cadac can also cook perfect pizza and pasta
Can't do that on a throw away tray BBQ

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Cadac shite BBQ good birdtable.;):LOL:(y)
Have to agree, got s cadac (gorillgas type) at the NEC last year used it maybe 3 or 4 times was at a festival recently and the whole thing collapsed on me (has a grey plastic locking nut at the top where the legs are located into) with a short aluminium tube to the burner, apparently the flame had blown back down the tube and melted the plastic locking nut thread causing the whole thing to collapse on me burning my trousers
Spoke to cadac asked me for pictures etc and once confirmed sent me a new piece but not very helpful if am honest and said they didn't make RAB trousers so couldn't replace them

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Tried two different Cadacs'-hate them never managed to get enough heat to cook anything decent!
Tried several other options and ended up with a BeauClaire, put a gas outlet in MH rear wall and it plugs into there. Will get as hot as I want. Cast Iron Plancha, seasoned so nothing sticks!

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I always found the problem with disposable barbeques is that the grid is so close to the charcoal that the food cooked far too quickly - burnt on the outside, raw on the inside.

Never tried a Cadac but I've got one of these now, very happy with it. The "snuff-out pouch" is handy, cools it down much more quickly after use and means that charcoal can be re-lit for the next use. Self-cleaning grid is handy to!

Broken Link Removed

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Really like the look of that Feltwell..... can feel a little spending splurge coming on! (y)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Yep :confused:
Dumped the cadac, bought an inverted pyramid stainless steel Aldi special and use self lighting charcoal, again from Aldi

God bless Aldi(y)

Cadac seems to attract black grease, is it a BBQ or a frying pan?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I always found the problem with disposable barbeques is that the grid is so close to the charcoal that the food cooked far too quickly - burnt on the outside, raw on the inside.

Never tried a Cadac but I've got one of these now, very happy with it. The "snuff-out pouch" is handy, cools it down much more quickly after use and means that charcoal can be re-lit for the next use. Self-cleaning grid is handy to!

Broken Link Removed
Interesting BBQ ... much more efficient than a standard one and easier to clean etc by the look of it too ... I just LOVE the English translation ... made me giggle!!!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Tested our new cadac safari tonight at home, beef olives and tinfoil parcels of red pepper, onions, mushrooms and small new potatoes, very pleased with results everything cooked to perfection.(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Cadac Paella pan is pantastic, I have 5 of them, they cook thousands of rashers of bacon a year and clean well with a wipe. However the Cadac BBQ went as soon as the kids left home which meant I'd have to clean it myself. :)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
image.jpg
I Have to say I think the Cadac is a great bit of kit and use it at home all the time, but when out and about in the van I find it just too cumbersome and bulky to carry.
We now use something similar to this with a Cadac type hot plate

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Didn't start this thread as a hate cadac thing which are fine at what they do, just a tongue in cheek thing following on from another thread, but must add they are not realy a true barbie just an outdoor hotplate, while these disposables are atrue charcoal barbie, easy, cheap and when you have had your burger you can just sit back with your wine, wait for it to go cold and bin it, result no washing up.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I got the tongue in cheek bit :) I have used many a disposable over the years, some were better then other so some varied results. I personally hate BBQ food but my family love it.......better get to the shops, the sun is shining down here at the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back