Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I am toying with the idea of having a Honda Innova 125 for general use, has anyone got one, if so can you tell me if it carries a passenger OK (2x75 KG), or does it struggle, obviously not expecting tyre shredding performance, just a general ability to cope with hills etc.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Cracking little bike and should deal with 150kg no trouble at all. With my not insubstantial bulk on it (don't ask!) I can happily cruise at 50 mpg and I've just used it up the Kirkstone pass in the Lake District, up Porlock Hill in Somerset and Abbotsbury Hill in Dorset - no problems. Oh yes, I also get an average of over 140 mpg however i abuse it! Go for it, you won't regret it.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have one - great little bike. My hubby and I are hardly lightweights and it does us proud. Really good buy. Did quite a few kms around the Sierra Navada mountains on it - no probelm, and with both of us on it last weekend got 50 mph around Ludlow. We have it mounted on the back of the van with a Easylift system.
Guejar Sierra 040515 (1).JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Innova is in full time use by U.S. When in France. Excellent little bike.

It is based on the original Honda Cub 50cc of which hundreds of thousands have been made. Simple design, well engineered, and so ubiquitous that you can find someone to repair anywhere in the World. (Although, I am pleased to say, ours has never let us down in twelve years of ownership.)

Hope I don't regret saying that!;)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
but dubious quality and reliability?? Sheer conjecture on my part.

Isn't that what we said when that jap crap came into the country :)
Carries my weight no problem engine still a bit tight plenty written on reliabillity but time will tell.
And and at less than half the price .next project a new barrel kit (£50)to upgrade it to a 150 .like being a kid again :)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Isn't that what we said when that jap crap came into the country :)
Carries my weight no problem engine still a bit tight plenty written on reliabillity but time will tell.
And and at less than half the price .next project a new barrel kit (£50)to upgrade it to a 150 .like being a kid again :)

Then you'll need a performance exhaust and air filter. I'm sure you'll be able to get it up to 15 BHp. Good for at least 60 mph - two up.
I'd be exactly the same. More power Igor!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have one - great little bike. My hubby and I are hardly lightweights and it does us proud. Really good buy. Did quite a few kms around the Sierra Navada mountains on it - no probelm, and with both of us on it last weekend got 50 mph around Ludlow. We have it mounted on the back of the van with a Easylift system.View attachment 67857
Can you pass us information on the Easylift system as we need to add a carrier to our new M/H and would like to avoid having to run it up a ramp.

Ta!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back