Reversing Camera (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
My reversing camera has decided not to work it is a Waeco Cam 27 with a M511L monitor neither of which are still available. I would prefer not to have to buy a new one. Does anyone know if it is possible to get it repaired and who to go to in the Hampshire/Surrey area. I have tried Waeco service dept and they were less than helpful which I think applies to The Dometic Group in general. There are several other makes on the market at a fraction of the price of Waeco, has anyone any experience with other makes or would I be wasting my money.

spongy

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
My reversing camera has decided not to work it is a Waeco Cam 27 with a M511L monitor neither of which are still available. I would prefer not to have to buy a new one. Does anyone know if it is possible to get it repaired and who to go to in the Hampshire/Surrey area. I have tried Waeco service dept and they were less than helpful which I think applies to The Dometic Group in general. There are several other makes on the market at a fraction of the price of Waeco, has anyone any experience with other makes or would I be wasting my money.

spongy
You can get a camera/screen on ebay for less than £40 and probably a better option than trying to get your old kit repaired. You should probably be able to get your existing wiring to fit Wired or wireless
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=160987179847&alt=web
Mine has lasted 2 years so far!

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks everybody I will give some thought.

spongy

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi Spongy
It does sound as if your Waeco is no longer in the first bloom of youth. I too have a Waeco, it was on the van when I bought it. In hot weather the picture flashes, so I investigated getting a new camera. Catalogue says £400. I just noticed that for around £200 I could buy a twin lens camera with a decent monitor included. Waeco seem over-priced.
Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back