Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I seem to remember over the last couple of days a special deal on a "motorhome" tomtom.............can anyone redirect me to it ?

And are these really worthwhile over a standard tomtom.

SWMBO has decided she would like one...so she could inherit the standard XXL europe and we could upgrade to the "motorhome " version anyone have any experience of one of these.

thanks

barry

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
These people have an offer on the Tomtom Camper version: http://*********************/.

Not convinced myself as the system can only know width restrictions posted by local authorities, there is no way current technology can know how wide a road is.

Standard Sat nav plus a good map seems to be the way to go.

Mike

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Don't know what happened there, coped and pasted the web address and it was starred out when the posr went through?

Anyway the company is Outdoorbits and you can get the site from a Google search. Hope that helps.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've just had a newsletter from the Dark Side (cos I never visit, he hastens to add) which included a reference to this.

The New TomTom Go Live Camper and Caravan Sat Nav device has been released and is a dedicated solution aimed at Motorhome / Caravan market.

• 12 Months of FREE Live Facilities (Traffic / Weather)
  • >20,000 Campsite, Aires De Services, Stellplatz, Wild Spots all pre-loaded onto the device (>8,000 of which are our very own *** Campsite database entries)
  • European road maps with road size / weights data allowing routing to bypass roads not suitable for your vehicle.
  • Vehicle profiles can be configured for Motorhome, Car, Car / Caravan and Van vehicles so you can quickly and easily switch between vehicles making the TomTom Camper and Caravan interchangeable between vehicles.
The TomTom Camper and Caravan retails at ÂŁ399.99 and Outdoorbits has it on sale for ÂŁ384.99 but *** has a very special partner offer which expires soon for a further ÂŁ25 off making it superb value for money at only ÂŁ354.95 + P&P (dispatched Citylink next day delivery)
To get your additional discount simply enter in the discount code of ODBTOMTOM during checkout or phone Outdoorbits on 0845 8698940 and quote the *** Deal,
If you want to see the new TomTom with your eyes before purchasing we have it available at either our Exmouth showroom or we will be at events around the UK including the forthcoming UK Summer Fair this weekend where we can demo the system and will have limited stock availability for purchase where you can buy and save even more on postage.

I deny any responsibility if you visit their site! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Overpriced even at that price. A good alternative is, shake your head, if you feel something rattling, that is your brain cells, then....put your hands behind your back and touch your back pocket........with me so far ? You have now proved you have brain cells and can find your own arze with both hands, all you need is a map and a normal sat nav, and someone to enjoy spending nearly ÂŁ400 pound with.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Rattling your brain cells while holding your bottom in both hands and looking at a map won't tell you where, and direct you to, the nearest BurgerKing for a double Whopper...

A TomTom Live will... :restmycase:

JJ :Cool:

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
special offer tomtom

I seem to have heard that they are on show at the Shrewsbury show this weekend.
Mike

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
ANY tomtom will do that if you download the free POI surely?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
ANY tomtom will do that if you download the free POI surely?

I hate to disagree and I embarrass myself by doing so but no...

Downloading POIs will only feed your TomTom with what is on that POI list...

TomTom Live has the facility for what is called "Google Live Search"... this is uses Google to locate places based on your location at the time you do the search...

Your TomTom Live is connected to the internet (it tells you the current traffic situation ahead and the weather along your route) and when you do a Google search it brings up the asked for information based of it's information which, as you know, is a great, great deal more comprehensive than any POI list...

So, if you are driving along and you need a toyshop or a Chinese restaurant or a goldfish supplier (as we needed last week) you just type in the relevant words and up comes the information (providing the company has a website)... choose one if it is suitable and by pressing on it you get the chance to be navigated right to it (or phone it up by the hands free system in the TomTom) to book a table or order 100 goldfish...

I hope this helps some readers...

Last edited:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
especially those who cant choose between a chinese meal and a goldfish:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
So, if you are driving along and you need a toyshop or a Chinese restaurant or a goldfish supplier (as we needed last week) you just type in the relevant words and up comes the information (providing the company has a website)... choose one if it is suitable and by pressing on it you get the chance to be navigated right to it (or phone it up by the hands free system in the TomTom) to book a table or order 100 goldfish...

Well now you got me salivating ..........dont hold back !
How did you cook the 100 goldfish ?

barry

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years

TomTom Live has the facility for what is called "Google Live Search"... this is uses Google to locate places based on your location at the time you do the search...

Your TomTom Live is connected to the internet (it tells you the current traffic situation ahead and the weather along your route) and when you do a Google search it brings up the asked for information based of it's information which, as you know, is a great, great deal more comprehensive than any POI list...

jj ive been struggling with downloading pois just read this tested it you've saved my sanity thanks very much for old info but great so obvious maybe too obvious

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs

And so does my IGo Profi, 2015 edition, for less than ÂŁ70. (y)
Broken Link Removed
So far it has been faultless!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
jj ive been struggling with downloading pois just read this tested it you've saved my sanity thanks very much for old info but great so obvious maybe too obvious

Sadly all the stuff about Google and TomTom is no longer valid.

They fell out...

I stopped subscribing to the TomTom Live package because, without Google, it wasn't much good to me... at least not here in Portugal.

Don't need advanced warning of traffic jams because there are so very few of them here.

For the sort of information about shops, and restaurants, and goldfish these days, I use my very, very, smart phone (phablet actually) which has Google Maps, Navigation, and the like on it, via the internet.

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Sadly all the stuff about Google and TomTom is no longer valid.

They fell out...

I stopped subscribing to the TomTom Live package because, without Google, it wasn't much good to me... at least not here in Portugal.

Don't need advanced warning of traffic jams because there are so very few of them here.

For the sort of information about shops, and restaurants, and goldfish these days, I use my very, very, smart phone (phablet actually) which has Google Maps, Navigation, and the like on it, via the internet.

JJ :cool:
just bought a tom Tom 6000 with lifetime maps , traffic and speed cameras because its permanently connected to internet I type in camping and town and up pops a list if I do it from my home it shows all within 20 mile radius also checked Chinese takeaways and there all there was using a garmin motorhome sat nav in France unbelievable where it tried and did take me so as soon as I got home it went back

Reactions: JJ
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
And so does my IGo Profi, 2015 edition, for less than ÂŁ70. (y)
Broken Link Removed
So far it has been faultless!!

Wish I could say the same! Updated all the maps a few weeks ago, we been on the road 7 months and all the way through Europe constantly recalculating route, ok on a motorway, once you get off goes into meltdown!! taken me up endless roads that no sooner are you on them says recalculating route and turn back.
It's been so close to being lobbed outa the window, reading that other more expensive makes are just as bad bein it's saving grace

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Wish I could say the same! Updated all the maps a few weeks ago, we been on the road 7 months and all the way through Europe constantly recalculating route, ok on a motorway, once you get off goes into meltdown!! taken me up endless roads that no sooner are you on them says recalculating route and turn back.
It's been so close to being lobbed outa the window, reading that other more expensive makes are just as bad bein it's saving grace
Sorry to here that, I may have been lucky thus far, I hope they sort it for you. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've tried the TomTom Truck (aka motorhome?) version and aren't overly impressed so are going back to the standard version.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back