Fat Rat

Free Member
Mar 12, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 664
Exp
Since adding the Scooter Rack to the Van I thought it was a good idea to add Reversing Sensors (for the Wife of course, not me) :whistle:

I took a punt on this cheapie solution Broken Link Removed

£39, the kit is simple to fit, the sensors are all inside a single bar which sticks (very well) using supplied 3M pads. Simply pick up a feed from your reverse light (I managed to feed the cables from the sensor unit straight into the reversing light fitting) and then run the pre-terminated cable for the buzzer/sounder under the Van and up into a convenient location (it fixes with a supplied double sided Velcro pad).

I got over enthusiastic and soldered some extra cable onto the Buzzer cable so I could mount it near the cab (these are designed with Cars in mind), but actually, the Buzzer is loud enough to mount anywhere, it also has two volume settings.

Cheap enough, easy to fit and seems to work well.

19171218835_2968f85f66.jpg

19171217345_f73aef65dd.jpg

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've just been quoted £250 for car and £300 for van so £39 is looking very, very good!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Bought the same type over two years ago,not let me down yet.value for money and an easy and quick job to fit..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I bought this set -
Broken Link Removed.

for both my vans and have been trouble free, just don't fit them to low or they will pick up the ground!!
Great price,but looks like you have to drill holes in rear of Moho. And when/ if you sell they have to stay with it. With mine I can just disconnect the cables and remove the bar to fit to my next Moho.!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'd be worried about the sensors not 'seeing' the extreme left and right sides

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The bar system picks up the sides quite well , my son who giudes me back sometimes stands to one side so that I can see him in the mirrors and the bar picks him up quite well..as I said it seems to be fine for me..and at the price I paid £29.99 and I fitted it in about 20 mins it is good value..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Great price,but looks like you have to drill holes in rear of Moho. And when/ if you sell they have to stay with it. With mine I can just disconnect the cables and remove the bar to fit to my next Moho.!
True, but they are half the price of yours so you could leave the original set on the MH and just get another (no faffing about having to remove the originals either!). We've got the 'hole' type and I've still got to fit them to the camper at some point, however as we've mounted the rear view camera just under the rear bumper we're gonna see how we get on with that first.

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
Is this installation of these 'idiot proof'? I've never tackled anything like that, and if its remotely complex I would probably mess it up. Wouldn't mind having a go though, if its simple.

OP
OP
Fat Rat

Fat Rat

Free Member
Mar 12, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 664
Exp
Very straight forward Lesley. The only wiring connection you need to make is to the revering light.

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Exp
Very straight forward Lesley.

OK ... ordered some, and seeing as I had a £10 off voucher for eBay, virtually no money at all. Wish me luck!!

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I do wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered the ones that go in the bumper. Tomorrow I'm drilling holes and attempting to fit them but this strip sensor would have been so much easier!

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Exp
Its the ones that need drilling that I've ordered ... so next weekend I'll have to be brave and drill too.

Doobray

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
If you have a rear window I used a version of a gopro camera with wifi this shows up on your phone or if you are using a tablet for sat nav it can show on screen for £48 ponds it is an excellent reversing camera, as a bonus it continually records and can act as a rear view mirror. And then again with all the accessories supplied you can attach to your bike or just use as a camera.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...ll-HD-Go-Pro-Camera-14MP-2-0/32392170066.html

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Its the ones that need drilling that I've ordered ... so next weekend I'll have to be brave and drill too.
Thought you had the strip sensor..!! Its so much easier than having to drill holes..i have had mine for two years now with no problems and less than 15mins to fit...

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Exp
Not a problem. I still have the 'cold feet' option of just leaving them unopened on a shelf :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back