LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I now have a DIY sog thanks to @Terry and @andy63 but for those of you who have sogs, would you still use a happy bowl or not?
Blade open or closed. What's your method?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
when done tie the bag off and hang it in a tree
Oh thank you thank you thank you, this gave me the sort of laugh I've missed not having t'interweb for a few weeks!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I love MHF!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On a serious note, it's not going to work with the blade closed & you will stink out the van. The idea of a SOG is that it draws the smells out of the van & gets rid of any neighbors that have parked too close.:D
On a genuine SOG the fan switch is operated by the blade so it won't work with the blade closed.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
On a serious note, it's not going to work with the blade closed & you will stink out the van. The idea of a SOG is that it draws the smells out of the van & gets rid of any neighbors that have parked too close.:D
On a genuine SOG the fan switch is operated by the blade so it won't work with the blade closed.

Does the same on DIY one (y);)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I just wanted to check with other folk. You don't have a sog. Nah nah na na na:LOL:
no but I know how one works and did my best to explain the rather delicate matter to you..:D
so comment still stands lol...
lennyhb covers the point well in his post above ....nuff said.... Nah nah nah nah :LOL:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I fitted my own SOG and have been really impressed with it
Was less impressed with Happy Bowls so have stopped using them as keeping the toilet bowl clean is not difficult, using disinfectant toilet wipes, which are fine to use with a SOG

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well I have a sort of SOG and I have happy bowl liners. Whether the blade is open or shut and whether I use a happy bowl liner depends upon ....... how shall I put this ....... my risk assessment as to the likely output. Low risk blade open and no happy bowl. High risk blade shut and happy bowl.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well I have a sort of SOG and I have happy bowl liners. Whether the blade is open or shut and whether I use a happy bowl liner depends upon ....... how shall I put this ....... my risk assessment as to the likely output. Low risk blade open and no happy bowl. High risk blade shut and happy bowl.
Happy splashy then ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a SOG and tried a packet of happy B liners but when they were finished we now just lay a few sheets of loo paper in the bowl, serves exactly the same purpose.

And we always keep the blade shut. When you have finished give it a short flush to add a bit of water to the "content" of the bowl and then open the blade and watch it all go down! Then a quick spray with Fabreze to make the place less toxic for the next user. :)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We use our SOG as it is supposed to be used.
Open blade.
Open loo lid.
Use loo.
Flush.
Wipe if needs be.
Close blade.
Put lid down.
No smell!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not much point in having a SOG then.
Too much detail for this time of night probably but with my method there is rarely any need to wipe the bowl afterwards. The SOG is there to suck smells away when the blade is open but that's no reason to leave it open unnecessarily. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back