LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just confirms what has been aired in a multitude of threads on Fun on this subject. "Not specifically illegal" or not, would you risk anyone travelling unrestrained in the rear of your vehicle?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
May 2010.. ??
I know my van is a 2012 6 berth but the v5 states only 4 travelling seats...!!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
May 2010.. ??
I know my van is a 2012 6 berth but the v5 states only 4 travelling seats...!!

Lots of vans are like that - more sleeping berths than travelling seats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes here they actually state amount of seats for travelling /amount for sleeping. The amount for travelling is stated on the registration document.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Don't let my passenger read that:whistle:

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
I have two forward facing seats with belts for our granddaughters and that's where they go but keep asking why can't we go to bed when travelling whic brings me to the question why is the second driver of a coach allowed to use the bed midway and underneath the vehicle and the second driver of a HGV allowed to use the bunk when travelling same safety issues surely can any DVL tell me please

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have two forward facing seats with belts for our granddaughters and that's where they go but keep asking why can't we go to bed when travelling whic brings me to the question why is the second driver of a coach allowed to use the bed midway and underneath the vehicle and the second driver of a HGV allowed to use the bunk when travelling same safety issues surely can any DVL tell me please
Wagon drivers don't wear seat belts. The weight (or momentum) of such vehicles means that in most accidents they don't stop quickly enough to cause injury to drivers or passengers. Much the same probably applies to a coach. Seat belts only prevent injuries caused by the wearer being propelled forwards which happens when a vehicle decelerates so quickly that driver or passengers continue forwards as the vehicle slows or stops.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Wagon drivers don't wear seat belts. The weight (or momentum) of such vehicles means that in most accidents they don't stop quickly enough to cause injury to drivers or passengers. Much the same probably applies to a coach. Seat belts only prevent injuries caused by the wearer being propelled forwards which happens when a vehicle decelerates so quickly that driver or passengers continue forwards as the vehicle slows or stops.
Oh well this is what happens in practice without a seat belt.

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
Truck drivers certainly do wear seat belts, they have been fitted in trucks for many years, as far as the second driver sleeping in the bunk a different set of regulations apply to HGVs. And coaches which allows them to do this.
Don

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I made a start but, by the sixth paragraph my head was hurting so much I had to stop.

My God... who writes this stuff?

JJ :cool:
Too right JJ
Some numptys keeping themselves in work took since 2010 to write that.... still it's only taxpayers money they're sensibly using !:mad:
Use common sense, ignore such crap and do what's necessary to keep safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back