Satellite kit .. Offer at Maplins .. (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Great starter kit .. £59.99 :thumb:

Link Removed
Hmmmmm.....£60 Sat kits? There's a poor chap somewhere on the board that this may prove to be a very sore subject!

We're not having a great time with technology recently, so we're actually hardly surprised that our new Portable Satalite System recently bought from Lidl doesn't work! Or should I say that we can't get ours to work! Is there anyone else out there who has one who can tell us if thiers works?
There is going to be one satalite system well and truly in orbit if I can't get the ***** thing working!

He was last seen using his dish for a fry up.
Expensive wok.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
He was last seen using his dish for a fry up.
Expensive wok.

From what i read his better half hit him over the head with it ,and told him to take it back:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well, if you had looked at the link before commenting you may have noticed this is a full size domestic kit.. not a camping one .. :RollEyes:

and if you'de looked properly Jim, you would see they are OUT OF STOCK:Doh:

usual thing with maplins......good at advertising but crap at stock keeping .
could be months before they get new stock in.:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ooops......my mistake:Doh:
i was looking at the instalation kit, though why you need one of these when its all included is beyond me.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
stayed at our scottish cottage on monday night on the way back from lochness.
now, reception is crap to say the least (no digi and very weak analogue) in the Glentrool area but iv found the answer......
before i bought the crank-up i used a 'Porty' receiver and domestic sat dish on a pole.
looks like its found a new home:thumb:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
satellite system maplins

yes we bought one last year can t get bloody thing to work either it has been back to shop they sent it away said it is working but we still can t get it to

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Well, if you had looked at the link before commenting you may have noticed this is a full size domestic kit.. not a camping one .. :RollEyes:
Hmmmmmmmm........depends on your view (in Paul & Stellas case they don't have one), of whats 'full size'.

Those little boxes in the photograph are hardly dwarfed by the dish.

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
we`re sticking to dvd`s much less hassle tryed it as a wok it melted

M

motorhomesdirect

Deleted User
Is the dish big enough?

Great starter kit .. £59.99 :thumb:

Link Removed

I'd looked at this myself and I am a bit concerned that the dish is a bit small. I know my 85cm dish works OK in the south of France, but when I go to spain, it starts to struggle a bit on ITV.

BTW Maplin now do a 12V Freesat Box - how cool is that!

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I said that this was a great Starter Kit .. for £60 you get a decent sized dish and digi box + cables and connectors..

I used one identical for two years with the dish mounted on the rear ladder, from Scotland to Morocco I never failed to get it working.. It won't pick up ITV in Spain.. that needs at least a 1.5mt - 2mt dish .. few have the space to carry such a monster :RollEyes:

I've since bought a Maxview Crank -Up but still use the same box .. and if truth be known, I had less trouble with the dish on the ladder than I now have with the cranky .. but that's another story..

You can spend ££££££ on sat systems.. as a starter kit it's a great introduction to sat TV without needing your bankers permission ..and if you want to upgrade the dish you still have a good digi box and LNB ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back