I B I Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Can anyone tell me who the recovery people are for the above company just received my papers and cant see them thankyou(y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well ! I googled the above and nothing came up ! To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
What papers are you referring to and what do you mean' you cant see them' ? See what exactly!

OP
OP
J
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi just got my insurance with my breakdown papers just found it .It says breakdown is provided by ERS which I think is the RAC
thanks for your help(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
breakdown services seem to be improving. Wife had a flat on way to work and they arrive in 20 mins. This with a cheap as chips policy.

OP
OP
J
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
My policy was very good that's why I went with them plus the breakdown for when I am abroad

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi just got my insurance with my breakdown papers just found it .It says breakdown is provided by ERS which I think is the RAC
thanks for your help(y)
I may be wrong , (would not be a first)but I think you mean you got your breakdown papers with your insurance and breakdown is provided by ERS which you think is RAC ! Well one thing is for certain, it's not IBI breakdown and I'm fairly certain it's not RAC, otherwise it would be called R.A.C.
It could be ERS Recovery Ltd., or Equity Red Star Motorhome breakdown insurance but you now have the papers in your hand so suggest you give them a good read.
As an aside, isn't this something you should know without having to refer to you documentation. I think almost all motorhomers know who their breakdown people are.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When i did breakdown a few years ago Equity Red Star contracted a network of private breakdown garages....we used to do quite a few for them.

It seems only green flag, rac and the AA have their own fleet, as well as using private contractors.

OP
OP
J
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
just changed from comfort who give you a booklet before that it was saga so yes I usually know who my break down people are.
The number to call is IMA Assistance ltd24hour rescue control centre 00 44 01277 235 999 so all seems ok .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
READ THE SMALLPRINT VERY CAREFULLY!
I had breakdown cover included with an insurance package with ERS on a 4x4. What they dont cover or guarantee is the biggest problem. No recovery from off the highway and you are at the mercy of all manner of small sub contractors with unsuitable vehicles. A right royal pain n the bum and recovered to the local garage which can over charge as they have you trapped. Plus as I recall no onward travel cover and no cover out of uk or in remote areas

RAC cover its not. cheap is sometimes more expensive in the long run. breakdown cover is one example

OP
OP
J
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
READ THE SMALLPRINT VERY CAREFULLY!
I had breakdown cover included with an insurance package with ERS on a 4x4. What they dont cover or guarantee is the biggest problem. No recovery from off the highway and you are at the mercy of all manner of small sub contractors with unsuitable vehicles. A right royal pain n the bum and recovered to the local garage which can over charge as they have you trapped. Plus as I recall no onward travel cover and no cover out of uk or in remote areas

RAC cover its not. cheap is sometimes more expensive in the long run. breakdown cover is one example

Thanks for that advice it does look as it will cover all you say plus European cover

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
French Autoroutes though are different - they have contracted services which you have to use if you break down on one and need removing - you can't use your own.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
French Autoroutes though are different - they have contracted services which you have to use if you break down on one and need removing - you can't use your own.
Didn't know this sedge, so if I needed breakdown on an autoroute presumably the contracted services remove me to the nearest garage? Best to stay off the Autoroute's then?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Didn't know this sedge, so if I needed breakdown on an autoroute presumably the contracted services remove me to the nearest garage? Best to stay off the Autoroute's then?
Esp if you're planning to break down. :)
All recovery companies are aware of this and normally you will get reimbursed if you get a receipt. Having said that.. You should probably check with your recovery company. I also believe some French motorways (non toll) have this rule also.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks. Forewarned is forearmed etc. good to know what's likely to happen should the situation arise. Plan is not to breakdown anywhere :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL - No 1 daughter and husband, towing caravan, broke down on AutoRoute. Managed to limp into nearby Aire des Services, just pulled into nearest spot - the lorry parking area - they are 40 foot on the road.

Gendarme almost immediately came to inform them they couldn't park there. Yes we know that, but ... they explained. The copper rang the towing service, explained to them they'd need a LONG recovery vehicle and stayed with them until they were loaded up and safe. It was all done with the minimum of fuss, considering. The guy then happily conveyed them to their destination (with friends) from whence they afterwards sorted out getting the vehicle actually to a garage to be mended. Thereby hangs a long story which I won't relate as it's irrelevant to this thread.

But anyway - all done with the minimum of fuss.

Nobody ever plans on breaking down, do they? but Merde still happens sometimes !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back