LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Thought we were doing well today as we had booked on the tunnel instead of ferries as Calais port is closed due to industrial action. Unfortunately a number of migrants gained access to the tunnel. Having got within a few hundred metres of the French end we have been reversed back to UK where we are now being unloaded. BUGGER

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
That must really be mega frustrating, at least you are doing slightly better than the ferry bookings, hope you get through soon, weather looks great in France :)(y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
that's a real bummer Malcolm.. hope they keep you informed as to what is going to happen... doesn't solve the problem but its nice to be kept up to date and not left sitting around wondering.....
hope you get to france soon and safe travels..
ta andy..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
From the BBC news at 5 it seems the problems were caused by the Ferry Link strikers rather than illegal immigrants. They accessed the tunnels and set fire to a load of tyres....nice. I wonder what the French police were doing at the time?

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
On the train we were kept well informed. In parking we have been provided with food. Now loading. Fingers crossed.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Good luck with the crossing, it nice and warm over here, last couple of days it's been around 28-29 degrees. Good job the beer is in the fridge.......

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Having got the train 2 hours before the one we were originally booked on. We are now on board again 4 hours later. Never mind as long as we get there this time I will be content.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thought we were doing well today as we had booked on the tunnel instead of ferries as Calais port is closed due to industrial action. Unfortunately a number of migrants gained access to the tunnel. Having got within a few hundred metres of the French end we have been reversed back to UK where we are now being unloaded. BUGGER

Why they stop I have no idea. If they didn't those concerned would never attempt it if thy knew they were going to die.

From the BBC news at 5 it seems the problems were caused by the Ferry Link strikers rather than illegal immigrants. They accessed the tunnels and set fire to a load of tyres....nice. I wonder what the French police were doing at the time?
As above.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
MESSAGE FROM MALCOLM BOLT

Been in contact with Malcolm and Cathryn during this afternoon and he has asked me to post the following as he has no wifi connection for now >>>>>>>

"Reloaded and crossed to France in less than 30 minutes, no problems leaving Calais. Miles of queuing traffic waiting to get in but no attempt to divert incoming traffic. As a result lots of cars reversing UP the ON ramps on the motorway"

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ed and I were just saying we wonder how Malcolm and Catherine had got on with the trouble, really please you are safely on the other side, Bon journey . x

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Glad you two finally got to France ok...

I would jail the b*****s!!!(y):whistle::whistle::whistle:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Where?

JJ :cool:

In the EU state that they first entered JJ...

As per the EU treaty that deals with incoming illegals...

However, my original reply was a tongue in cheek reference to my former profession...(y):)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well given the French police are in the same union as the strikers I would suspect they will be helping them set the bloody tyres on fire !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back