cafes Burghley/Stamford area (1 Viewer)

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Picking up my newer m/h tomorrow, i am traveling South down the A1, he North up the A1, as we are both leaving about 06.30 we will be in need of a bite + cuppa by 9.00. I would like to know of any transport cafes (or cafes with a car park that we can get 2 m/h's in with no problems) in the Burghley/Stamford area.
Many Thanks.
:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Scunny Arfie,

If you were coming a little further south on the A1, towards Peterborough, there is a transport cafe on the left at Stibbington, (Nene Valley Railway too), just past Wansford, and Kate's Cafe on the north bound carraigeway at Alwalton.

Right now, other than the usual Little Chefs/ Burger King / Macdonalds, I can't think of anywhere between Grantham and Stamford.

If you turn off for the Markham Moor Truckstop, (no roundabouts now), between Blyth and Newark, they do a good breakfast, and that is only about an hour away from Stamford. Huge parking area and clean toilets.

Whereabouts are you headed for in the Stamford area?

Have a safe trip,

Jock. (very near Stamford ).

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is a list of truckstops Link Removed.

Our son tells us that Stibbington Diner (about 6 miles further south than Burghley/Stamford) is very good. It is accessible from both directions on the A1.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Our son tells us that Stibbington Diner (about 6 miles further south than Burghley/Stamford) is very good. It is accessible from both directions on the A1.

Graham
Hi Graham,

That's the very same one I mentioned earlier. :winky:

Jock.

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Stibbington services

Thanks all for your info, i think Stibbington seems near enough for me, JockandRita, the reason for going there is to exchange my m/h for a newer one + that area is about half way for both of us. Jock, ex Humberside fireman here ( i was the 1st fireman in Brtian that wore earings, fame at last).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks all for your info, i think Stibbington seems near enough for me, JockandRita, the reason for going there is to exchange my m/h for a newer one + that area is about half way for both of us. Jock, ex Humberside fireman here ( i was the 1st fireman in Brtian that wore earings, fame at last).
Sorry, I didn't appreciate that you were meeting up with someone coming the other way. :Doh:

When I was on White Watch, two of our lads wore more than earings. I think the term used is a "Prince Albert". :Eeek: You daren't stand anywhere near them when using the urinals, for fear of getting peed on. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Been finished four years now............................................and not looked back, due to the politics of it all. :winky::thumb:

GJH said:
I think you posted your reply whilst I was writing mine Jock - so I didn't see it
No problem Graham. BTW, did I see you on the Pocket GPS forum recently? :winky:

Take care,

Jock.

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No

Had mine done in 1974 just after i passed out, my 1st shout was "Nypro" (flixborough) what an start to a carreer.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Had mine done in 1974 just after i passed out, my 1st shout was "Nypro" (flixborough) what an start to a carreer.
:whatthe::roflmto:

The same year I joined the RAF Fire Service, then Cambs F&RS in 1986. :Smile:

Good luck with the exchange of MHs on Friday.

Regards,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back