Help With Battery Warning Light (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
when we went away in the MH last weekend I noticed a warning light for my Vechile battery' battery is only 3 months old and all seems to be working so I'm thinking its a fuse just can't find it.
Here is a few pics of the warning light and fuse boxes I have tried all the obvious ones in the hab side and don't have a book for Vechile ones.
This is without warning
image.jpg

You can see warning triangle here and low battery
image.jpg

This is the hab fuse box all seem ok
image.jpg

There is a small fuse on the left on its own have checked that also ok
image.jpg

Just a pic of hab battery and solar control
image.jpg

This is a 50 amp fuse and smaller one both ok
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Roger, I haven't checked that yet. We first noticed the warning when the van had been sitting for a couple of weeks and would have thought the solar panel would have kept it charged, also no battery light coming on on dash.
We are heading to Ben Nevis today so will give it a check beforehand see of I can find any thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Roger, I haven't checked that yet. We first noticed the warning when the van had been sitting for a couple of weeks and would have thought the solar panel would have kept it charged, also no battery light coming on on dash.
We are heading to Ben Nevis today so will give it a check beforehand see of I can find any thing.

Do you mean no ignition light on dash, or a different battery light.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
In your opening post you say it's the vehicle battery that is showing a low voltage but I reckon the battery shown is your leisure battery.
The solar may not feed the vehicle battery, so if the m/h has been laid-up for a couple of weeks (without ELH) the vehicle battery will be draining through the radio and any alarm.
I don't think you have a fault but need to keep all batteries charged when not in use.

It could ofcourse be your flip flops causing the problem!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In your opening post you say it's the vehicle battery that is showing a low voltage but I reckon the battery shown is your leisure battery.
The solar may not feed the vehicle battery, so if the m/h has been laid-up for a couple of weeks (without ELH) the vehicle battery will be draining through the radio and any alarm.
I don't think you have a fault but need to keep all batteries charged when not in use.

The indicator light on the panel in the first and second photo is for the vehicle battery, the leisure to the right is not lit up.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Do you mean no ignition light on dash, or a different battery light.

No all lights are working and engine starting no problem I was meaning no warning light on dash, I thought there would be a red battery warning of not charging while driving. The engine battery is only a couple of months old.

The picture I'm showing I'd definitely the Vechile battery and the lesuire battery is fully charged, we drove over 200 miles last weekend and the warning was on beforehand and didn't go off so that's why I'm thinking its more a fault with the unit although I'll get the battery checked to be on safe side.

I have tried moving the flip flops and makes no difference :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @lorger your display showing alarm and 11 volts but the engine starts OK so it certainly suggests a panel problem, you could check the battery with a voltmeter it should be around 12.7 volts after resting from any charge source for a few hours, and 14 ish when the engine is running.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back