Boxer 2.2 Hdi 2008 Air Con Belt (1 Viewer)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Hi the bearing in one of the tensioner pulleys went noisy. Garage in Germany removed belt for the air con and the offending pulley wheel and bracket.
New bearing fitted but now as I didn't take it off, I am finding it a bit of a puzzle to replace the belt and where the bracket and pulley fits.
Have the Germans put on a short belt to drive the Alternater in place of the longer belt that I have which is meant to drive both the Alternater and the Air con ?
There is another short one driving the power steering.
Anyone got a diagram for my above.
Thanks

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Nobody got a scooby ??

I,ve searched everywhere under ford 2.2 HDI , Puma and Mondeo and nothing looks like the job. It won't beat me, mechanics are not rocket scientists !! ;)

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Thanks guys but not right :( the air con is on the other side of the block from the alternator. I think I have it in my head now but gonna have a shufty at my friends van tonight same engine just chipped for higher output, mines is the 100, his is 130.

Bet it is totally different o_O

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies

cracked it

Mates van as expected, different, engine the same etc but air-con unit, different.:(
However we sat and thought it out, could only go one way. So hoicked her up and got both belts off and it went dead easy, glad I didn't succumb to letting a mechanic do it cos I know I would have been taken to the cleaners for what is actually a very simple job.

On my own, it didn't take more than half an hour. (y)

If anyone wants one done I'm your man £70 an hour, minimum charge 6 hours, plus materials. Estimate £450 including Moodybrook added tax.

Moral - Never let a mechanic near your baby ! ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back