Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Reading all about you lucky people going off on your travels, we are still waiting for our new MH ordered last October should have arrived beg of June now going to be 2july!
I'm chomping at the bit anyone else still waiting? :(

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
9 MONTHS :eek:

If i were to buy new, which is as likely as man colonising mars, i would insist on a breach of contract clause stating if it wasnt delivered and ready by the stated date i could, and would, cancel.
Sorry but 9 months is not an acceptable waiting period.
if the builders have such a long waiting list its time they took on extra staff, and larger premises, to cope with the backlog.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Ginpalace what van did you order is it uk manufacturer ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
:sneaky:We knew it was going to be Beg of May when we ordered it but it's slowly crept later and later it is a Swift Bolero 722fb black edition
I understand it's made in Italy? the downside of buying new along with the vat but we love the new look.

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Where ever it is being built that is shocking service.

I have been surprised at how many people order new and are left waiting for extended periods or have problems to be resolved.

Has anyone ever ordered new and collected on time and had trouble free travels?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
In my experience of a working life it dawned on me many years ago that sales people and operational people have 2 differing agendas as I have seen and worked in both areas and whatever business you are in this will always be the case .

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
In my experience of a working life it dawned on me many years ago that sales people and operational people have 2 differing agendas as I have seen and worked in both areas and whatever business you are in this will always be the case .
Very true! I see you are local to us... I must remember to wave if we see you!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know how anyone can wait upwards of a year, to buy anything, I couldn't do it , I'd change my mind a dozen times before then, what else takes that long to buy, nothing, that I know to.
By the time you get it they will be selling next years model and yours will be out of date and a year old as soon as you get out of their gates.
Makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Don't know how anyone can wait upwards of a year, to buy anything, I couldn't do it , I'd change my mind a dozen times before then, what else takes that long to buy, nothing, that I know to.
By the time you get it they will be selling next years model and yours will be out of date and a year old as soon as you get out of their gates.
Makes no sense to me.
Thanks for that makes me feel a lot better!

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Where ever it is being built that is shocking service.

I have been surprised at how many people order new and are left waiting for extended periods or have problems to be resolved.

Has anyone ever ordered new and collected on time and had trouble free travels?

Swifts are built in Hull - on Fiat chassis.

Yes we received our Pilote exactly when the dealer said we would - we even had a phone call to say it had left the factory and was on its way to England. A further call when it arrived at the dealers to arrange a date for the handover. Ordered in the October at the NEC show from Hayes at Wednesbury and collected exactly when we were told by Bill Hayes and Lee at the show.

The only thing that didn't work was the solar that we'd had taken off our old van and put on the new, between collection and going to France for 3 months there was 3ins of snow on the roof LOL - anyway we got it sorted in France and had to buy a new regulator - so no idea whether it was anyone's actual fault or not really - just the reg going pop - but not a single thing wrong with Pilote's part of the deal !

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Yes def! Whereabout are you?
Its actually Mike McGlynn who is local to us -but if we pass your way we will wave at you too!

I do get to Cambridge quite often (in my car though) as I am "looking after" a large new building for the university press.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I ordered mine end October last year, had a choice of February slot or June. February did not work for us and I was happy to wait to June, also got an extra 5% discount for the later slot, but first week of June has become first week of July in 2 bites. But now completed at the factory, just fitting Oyster and other stuff, collection all arranged for the 4th July now. It is difficult to odds the market, if what you want is popular you have a choice if you must have a new van now, get something unpopular!!

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
According to the latest issue of MMM (mine arrived today) motorhome sales are booming in the UK - up about 24% on last year! This might explain why there are delays in delivery, companies are just biting off more than they can chew.

Reading some of the threads on the Link Removed, Gin Palace is not alone in having to wait. Lovely van though, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Paul

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
@Gin Palace we have a Swift 684FB Black Edition on order and way originally told mid June. Have now been told that the build date in Hull is 28th to 30th June so we should get it mid July. I have emailed Swift and they have told me there is no delay in production:Eeek:
I'll keep my fingers crossed as we need to use it end of August.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Ordered our Adria Coral in the Sept for Delivery 1 March. Delivered on time and no issues except on the FIAT after 3 years the sensor on the DPF faulty.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Swifts are built in Hull - on Fiat chassis.

Yes we received our Pilote exactly when the dealer said we would - we even had a phone call to say it had left the factory and was on its way to England. A further call when it arrived at the dealers to arrange a date for the handover. Ordered in the October at the NEC show from Hayes at Wednesbury and collected exactly when we were told by Bill Hayes and Lee at the show.

The only thing that didn't work was the solar that we'd had taken off our old van and put on the new, between collection and going to France for 3 months there was 3ins of snow on the roof LOL - anyway we got it sorted in France and had to buy a new regulator - so no idea whether it was anyone's actual fault or not really - just the reg going pop - but not a single thing wrong with Pilote's part of the deal !
Usual good service from Hayes. We would certainly buy from them again

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Ordered a new Carthago at the NEC in February for a mid May delivery. Changed to mid June and changed again to 2nd July after a build issue. It's now at the dealership getting some extras fitted so hopefully 2nd July is a good date.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Reading all about you lucky people going off on your travels, we are still waiting for our new MH ordered last October should have arrived beg of June now going to be 2july!
I'm chomping at the bit anyone else still waiting? :(

Yep! Stuck till we sell the house......anyone need a bungalow. Adapted for a wheelchair.

Fatwheels

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Sittingbourne
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
I ordered my autotrail at the nec in October for delivery in March turned up in April wrong spec .now being delivered in March 2016 that's a delay

Jkarchibald

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
Diss, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amundsen 540D
Exp
We ordered in November and collected last Friday (19 June), although were initially told "by 31 May". In the end the delay was not too long but the wait from November was a real drag - so I feel your pain. I am sure the new MH will be worth the wait and arrive (just) in time for a decent summer break.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We ordered in November and collected last Friday (19 June), although were initially told "by 31 May". In the end the delay was not too long but the wait from November was a real drag - so I feel your pain. I am sure the new MH will be worth the wait and arrive (just) in time for a decent summer break.

So who ordered summer ?thought we had it last week :D
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back