Booking And Awnings ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
depends a lot on what site you are going to, CC have lots of little corner grass plots that if you book without awning they will stick you on for the same price as a full on hard standing with awning

bonkers, my last year with CC

as for individual sites I would say mostly no, but if you intend to hang a full safari room off yours then yes it will probably be charged the same as a caravan with awning (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
depends a lot on what site you are going to, CC have lots of little corner grass plots that if you book without awning they will stick you on for the same price as a full on hard standing with awning

bonkers, my last year with CC

but the CC don't charge for awnings, nor can you book a specific pitch size, when you ' check-in' at the site you are given the choice of any vacant pitches..

All pitch fees include electricity, unless otherwise stated, and VAT at the rate of 20% (which may change). There are no charges for awnings, children under 5 years old, dogs and the use of hot water or electricity (where applicable) on Club-owned Sites.

When we had the RV I would ask about reserving a large pitch and was informed they don't do that. You can book a pitch, but have to wait until you arrive to see what is available.

Perhaps you were on an CC AS (Affiliated Site ) who have their own pricing structure or a Club managed site that also have different supplements.. ?

On commercial sites, if asked I say it's a sunshade .. not an awning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
but the CC don't charge for awnings, nor can you book a specific pitch size, when you ' check-in' at the site you are given the choice of any vacant pitches..

All pitch fees include electricity, unless otherwise stated, and VAT at the rate of 20% (which may change). There are no charges for awnings, children under 5 years old, dogs and the use of hot water or electricity (where applicable) on Club-owned Sites.

When we had the RV I would ask about reserving a large pitch and was informed they don't do that. You can book a pitch, but have to wait until you arrive to see what is available.

Perhaps you were on an CC AS (Affiliated Site ) who have their own pricing structure or a Club managed site that also have different supplements.. ?

Jim what we have is in effect a sun / shower shade. But I guess its in the interpretation and how the site managers view it . :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Generally, but NOT always, a non-awning pitch will consist of a space for a caravan and the towing car alongside. Unless you're towing a car I'd use that space for your roll out sunshade. Never had a problem so far (but there will probably be a first!).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim what we have is in effect a sun / shower shade. But I guess its in the interpretation and how the site managers view it . :)

For the purposes of booking a site, it is generally understood that an 'awning' is a tent or annexe fixed to the side of a caravan or motorhome .. or a sunshade with front and sides attached.. commonly called a safari room

If asked when booking and you have neither of these, say 'No Awning' ..

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On some CC sites you have a choice of awning pitch or non awning pitch-same prices-just different sized pitches. For example Castleton CC site has different pitch marker colours for awning or not. You can book whichever pitch you want whether you what to use an awning or not

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
There is only one site that we have used that has asked us about awning use, they will allocate different sized pitches depending on your answer (and charge a different price).
Everywhere else we have stayed at seem perfectly happy whether we wind out the awning or not.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great question as I always understood my canopy to be an awning :oops: The bigger the pitch the better IMO (y)

Thanks Antony

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

You are right they don't charge for awnings, but do have awning and non awning pitches

I don't know how many sites it applies to, but certainly the last three I have used, if you book on line you have to chose between awning or no awning when booking

if you do the decent thing and declare no awning as in you only need a wind out, or maybe don't even want to use your wind out, you will be allocated what is always an inferior position and sized pitch, usually on grass not hard standing and charged the same price as if you had booked for an awning

For clarity this applied to last season, actually now I think it was April 2013, so the booking system may have been revised, I certainly told them how unfair I thought was :)

I will look in a bit at the online booking and see if the same still applies

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
As a total newbie this year.... I decided to call CC and asked the question...

The answer I was given was....

"If you wish to roll-out your awning / sunshade... Then you must book a pitch with awning.."

This was after my first pitch booking with no awning ( as I saw it) and was advised that I could only wind it out a metre in that instance - if necessary.

As price is the same... From that point on I book pitch with awning... Just incase I want tp wind it out :)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
To add to the CC sites,where or what you can do . One site needed to know the size of the c/van,as there were only 3-4 pitches that could take a twin axle,site ? Near "Coin Clippers Bridge Yorks". Second,Plymouth Sound. Motor Homes are restricted to pitches at the top of the site,because of the gradient,in the event of one getting stuck it could damage one or more pitches.Bun Ree ? spelling.Units c/van or m/homes on the front row,Loch Side,could not have an awning up,because of spoiling the view of those behind,this may have changed now,as it was '86. when we were last there.SUPER site.
All of these these are very nice sites,we are members of both CC. and C&cc,guess which one of the two, sends our magazine to Portugal F.O.C ?.
Give up? CC. result.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I've made our first booking for the end of the week. I asked the question and was told that no we don't pay for the roll out as they call it a sunshade not an awning. It could be different on other sites of course but it seems its not a bookable / payable item.

Dave de

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all.
For storage reasons we wanted to pitch a tent next to our motor home, store bikes and outside equipment while we drive out and about. If we attach it, somehow, to our wind out awning will this be considered an extra charge for motor home plus tent.? What constitutes a pup tent, in real terms?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back