Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
hi, I have received an email from Eurotunnel telling me what a good deal they are offering with SANEF. It's a tag you place on your windscreen so no waiting or fumbling for change. Once home an invoice is sent to you and the money deducted from your bank account.
What are your thoughts

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Did they give you a link with more details? Like cost of "borrowing" the tag, discounts, etc? Could be interesting if a real deal.

OP
OP
Shuismo

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Did they give you a link with more details? Like cost of "borrowing" the tag, discounts, etc? Could be interesting if a real deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shuismo

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
No link as far as I can see just Euro Tunnel Le Shuttle.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
PLEASE SEE "Sanef, is it worth it" posted by me a few days ago (Sorry, can't do a link) There are 21 replies on there.

Here's how I kicked it off....

Hi All,

Got an email today from Eurotunnel (as I'm travelling with them soon) offering me a €10 discount on a Sanef Toll Tag. Although the tag was gratis, the rest of the deal seemed pricey? €20 refundable deposit on the tag, then €6 for an annual subscription, then a €5 usage fee for the month used. You still have to pay the toll of course!

I don't use tolls very often, but I'm envious of those that fly through the toll booths whilst I queue! I queued for nearly an hour once on the Pont du Normandie!

Might be a goer if you travel in France regularly?

Reactions: BwB

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks both, as suspected they're not giving anything away. Still, we live in hope. I wouldn't use it enough to warrant the monthly subs.

:)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
It's not a monthly cost..
So the "5€ per month that the tag is used but maximum of 10€ in any subscription year (+TVA)" is not a monthly cost :( Sounds like at least two monthly charges in any year to me.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
What happens if you are class 3?

A tag won't have the discretion of the toll operator when ask for class 2!

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Yeah.. I just got one of those.. £2.67..
Not a burden at all really for the convenience offered.. (if you need it and I know some people dont)
If your class 3 Sanef tag doesn't cover you anyway..

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have had the SANEF tag for the last ten years.

We are on the old terms, 20 euros for one year but, as we live in France for half the year it works out better than the 5 euros a month deal.

Wouldn't be without it. The ability to pass through tolls quickly is well worth it if you use Autoroutes regularly . If only an occasional user it is probably not as good an investment.

We tend to use Autoroutes on our way down to our French home or when heading out for a break, preferring to meander back on N and D roads and admire the scenery.

As the saying goes you pays yer money and makes yer choice.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We signed up this week. Sadly didn't get the Eurotunnel deal. Sanif are really easy to deal with person on the end of the phone most helpful. I filled in the paperwork on Thursday and got the tag Monday morning. On line account and hopefully it will work well! Can't wait till our next trip with no hanging out of windows and fumbling with cards and money!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back