Recommendations for 'converters' (1 Viewer)

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
OK, we're approaching 'make your mind up' time and have been discussing with a few firms who do conversions but would really like to know what you FUNSTERS have used and who you recommend. The more the better as I always feel if there's one firm out there which I've never heard of it's likely to be the one I really should be talking too if you follow my thinking ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Losos,What type of van ? coach built or panel van conversion ?
I see you list woodwork as a hobby,why not convert your own panel van ? to what and where you want things to be :thumb:
see
Link Removed
if you do not fancy doing one yourself, come and have a look at mine and my mate and me could do one for you if it is suitable.
terry

OP
OP
L

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Hi Losos,What type of van ? coach built or panel van conversion ?
I see you list woodwork as a hobby,why not convert your own panel van ? to what and where you want things to be :thumb:
see
Link Removed
if you do not fancy doing one yourself, come and have a look at mine and my mate and me could do one for you if it is suitable.
terry

Thanks Terry, I may take you up on your offer :Smile: it will need to be a panel van conversion for reasons which are too boring to go into here ::bigsmile: Right now I'm amazed to find the dealers I ring don't seem all that keen to sell me a base vehicle, you'd think they would be falling over themselves to sell Sprinters, masters, etc. wouldn't you !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Losos, have a good look and read of the costs involved (all new) :thumb: and remember it will cost the same to convert an old van as a newer / new one :winky:You now have to trawl around and do the hard bit on deciding a layout :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Having seen Terry's van I can confirm the build quality could not be bettered, well worth a look, you get what you want finished to a standard we would all like to get but seldom do.
go for it you won't be disappointed.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Thanks for those kind words Roger ::bigsmile: the chq is in the post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
OK, we're approaching 'make your mind up' time and have been discussing with a few firms who do conversions but would really like to know what you FUNSTERS have used and who you recommend. The more the better as I always feel if there's one firm out there which I've never heard of it's likely to be the one I really should be talking too if you follow my thinking ::bigsmile:

Hi Losos. I used BMSESVA in In Weston Super Mare but WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. I WOULD HOWEVER RECOMMEND Midland International in Coventry. Ive had a lot of work carried out by them and they have been excellent.

Jim
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back