Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
It had to happen, so do not use headphones, bluetooth earpieces or anything similar linked to your phones when on the road in France from 1st July. This applies to all drivers, and equally to motorcyclists and cyclists. There will be a fine and three points on licence for anyone caught. It is alleged that one accident in ten is attributable to mobile phones
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It had to happen, so do not use headphones, bluetooth earpieces or anything similar linked to your phones when on the road in France from 1st July. This applies to all drivers, and equally to motorcyclists and cyclists. There will be a fine and three points on licence for anyone caught. It is alleged that one accident in ten is attributable to mobile phones
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Same as here then . Always been illegal anything but complete hands free.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
So what is legal / illegal in the realm of Bluetooth motorcycle headsets which are integral to the helmet, such as the Schuberth SRC system? I would personally only use such paired with a satnav, will this also be illegal?

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
So what is legal / illegal in the realm of Bluetooth motorcycle headsets which are integral to the helmet, such as the Schuberth SRC system? I would personally only use such paired with a satnav, will this also be illegal?
Just read this....
The measures also apply to motorcycle drivers who are also banned from using ear pieces or wedging their phones inside their helmets - See more at: http://www.connexionfrance.com/Ban-...France-view-article.html#sthash.qx221REd.dpuf

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Worse than hands free.
Texting. .Chop their fingers off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Sounds good to me.

I find it incomprehensible that anyone riding a bicycle should do so with their ears bunged up. It's bad enough with pedestrians.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sounds good to me.

I find it incomprehensible that anyone riding a bicycle should do so with their ears bunged up. It's bad enough with pedestrians.

It's so they don't hear the 'bang' .. makes for a nicer transition from this World to the next ..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Simple solution(y)

image.jpg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hands free or not.. it's the conversation that distracts,not the method of using the phone.
Ban the use entirely while driving, that removes any ambiguity.. and if caught crush the car.. and if caught texting, also pull finger nails out ... slowly
Gives me a good reason for not taking to the wife when I'm driving (y) if it's the conversation that's the problem.
They should also ban smoking when driving!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Bob
www.parcverger.com

And .... without any point off licence (as here you start with 12 points on, and they take your points off the licence when failing the law) and a possible fine according to the gendarme's mood and to your attitude, you are not supposed to smoke if a child is in the vehicle with you, nor drink , nor eat food , and ladies.... NO make up while you're driving :rolleyes:

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
And .... without any point off licence (as here you start with 12 points on, and they take your points off the licence when failing the law) and a possible fine according to the gendarme's mood and to your attitude, you are not supposed to smoke if a child is in the vehicle with you, nor drink , nor eat food , and ladies.... NO make up while you're driving :rolleyes:

Here are the new laws from 1 July 2015:

The prohibition of smoking in car with minors (€68 fine)

Prohibition of eating at the wheel (€75 fine)

Ban on hands free kit (€135 / 3 Points)

Prohibition of searching in the glove box while driving

Listening to music too loudly (preventing to hear traffic) (€75 fine)

Prohibition of the wearing of headphones, earbuds or headphones while driving (€135 / 3 Points)

Novice drivers limit will increase thus 0.2 g/l of alcohol in the blood instead of 0.5 g/l in force today. 0. 2 g/l (135 euros points)

Applying makeup even when stopped at traffic lights or in a traffic queue (€75 fine)

Staring at a screen not intended for the assistance of driving (€150 fine / 3 Points) )

If you are in France for the next few months be especially careful as the Gendarmes will be sh*t hot on this!

Here in France drivers start with 12 points which are deducted for offences, when you have no points left you are banned for a period, don't know how long I think 12 months. No doubt some one will enlighten me soon.

Dave

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So my MH has a built-in hands free kit with mic and Bluetooth link between the phone and head unit. What am supposed to do ... rip the thing out when I drive n France?

The law is an ass. Again.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Bob
www.parcverger.com
Errrrr
What about a pilot in a plane, headset on, 1 in 10 chance of a crash?

No me thinks:whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I must admit seeing the TV ads for certain make of car which puts all the emphasis on the new 'voice activated' phone system makes me cringe ... when there is pressure to stop people using them at all whilst driving why they would push a system that allows you to do it is beyond me!

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
In my car I have a voice activated system and in my MH I use Google's voice control on the phone with a jabra hands free device.

I talk on the phone a lot when I am driving and I guarantee it is no more distracting than kids in the car. I also suspect that a French policeman or anyone else for that matter would have a hard time knowing if I was or wasn't using my phone.

Not that ist matters as my phone use is work related and if I'm in France I'm on holiday..

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
In my car I have a voice activated system and in my MH I use Google's voice control on the phone with a jabra hands free device.

I talk on the phone a lot when I am driving and I guarantee it is no more distracting than kids in the car. I also suspect that a French policeman or anyone else for that matter would have a hard time knowing if I was or wasn't using my phone.

Not that ist matters as my phone use is work related and if I'm in France I'm on holiday..

If they stop you, it's simple enough to check your phone log!

:cooler:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp

They have to have a reason to stop you though.. of course what I'm describing isn't illegal anyway even under the new rules in France as far as I can see. It is entirely hands free and not attached to me.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
So my MH has a built-in hands free kit with mic and Bluetooth link between the phone and head unit. What am supposed to do ... rip the thing out when I drive n France?

The law is an ass. Again.
The ear piece is illegal here also_Only thing legal here is an auto -answer hands-free that mutes radio & comes out through speakers.

Listening to music too loudly (preventing to hear traffic) (€75 fine)

We should have that one in the UK!

Got that one here as well.:D

& are deaf people banned from driving or suffer restrictions ? No.
I use ear plugs when driving mine now as engine is too noisy!

That's why I carry a cheap 'hand-over' phone.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back