Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
We have a TEC 718ti MH and its great (normally) its built on a Transit long wheelbase chassis.

We have just returned from 17 days in France and during this time its developed a terrible buzz/vibration, it happens above 50 MPH and usually on toll roads which we have mostly traveled on, it continues from this speed up.
It does not happen all the time and not on all road surfaces and it stopped when it rained?
I have dipped the clutch and coasted but it still continues.
We have felt everything in the cab but can't pinpoint anything that's vibrating.

By the way it did not come on at all coming up the from Dover to Nottingham!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Road noise ? There is a road near us where you often see vehicles stopped and people looking round and underneath them with worried expressions - the road surface there is awful and makes a buzzing noise and sets up a vibration that unless you know sounds and feels like a flat tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
I thought tyres but i cant see how they would stop and start on the same journey?
My brother suggested wheel bearings but surely they would make a noise constantly?

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We had one after stopping a couple of times we realised it was the spare wheel rack
under the back of the van we'd gone over
some bumpy ground on the site we were
staying on re ajusted the tyre and all ok
what a relief.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
All the "pink" roads in Devon makes you think somethings wrong (A30) hell ov a racket!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We developed one in France as well this year. Sounds like dripping water drives us bloody nuts. Searched every inch of the cab area can't find it and like yours it's intermittent.:eek:
Good luck.:)

OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Yes Jonkil it is rear wheel drive, if it's something like that I am going to have to get it booked in somewhere and checked out. Would that be intermittent?

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We were in France last week and had a buzzing noise in the cab, we were on a toll road, went on another section of road it stopped, all the way home nothing, had to be the road surface, but it does drive you nuts.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Yes Jonkil it is rear wheel drive, if it's something like that I am going to have to get it booked in somewhere and checked out. Would that be intermittent?
Likely not.... But
Carrier bearing can give this type of symptoms under certain load conditions. Best have it checked as it is a common fault in RWD transits.

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We had that it was the electric step was not fully reclining. Dealer help us by putting a rubber strip and the rear of the step, never has a problem since.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back