Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Service history? See if you can find out where in Cov - and anything else about it you'd want to know - dunno, but perhaps we could go and have a look - but not till later in the week - for you, if not too far? I could go myself but Pete's busy for the next couple of days, and I'm useless at anything except the state of upholstery - and importantly - DAMP!! - LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CHF
Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We had a Sunseeker 25 on an 03 plate and we had a few issues. The weight was the main one - check which Chassis it is on - ours was 3000kg and had virtually no payload and we ended up uprating to 3400kg by fitting air assist just to get enough capacity on the rear axle to put anything under the seats. The overcab bed was ok for children only. It was very cold in the night unless the heating was on. Check for damp in the lockers above the beds and if possible inspect the seals on the roof above the rear lounge.
The other issues we had were Van Specific but one thing I would say - if the speedo isnt working then walk away.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CHF

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Looking...
Exp
Previous caravanner
Service history? See if you can find out where in Cov - and anything else about it you'd want to know - dunno, but perhaps we could go and have a look - but not till later in the week - for you, if not too far? I could go myself but Pete's busy for the next couple of days, and I'm useless at anything except the state of upholstery - and importantly - DAMP!! - LOL

What a lovely offer - thanks. Ive actually found another one closer to home that seems very similar that I might go and see. Not sure if it is a trade sale though or not as it says he is just selling on behalf of a customer so unsure if I would get the 'added security' of trade purchase????

http://www.caldervalleymotorhomes.com/Motorhome-for-Sale-DEWSBURY-WEST-YORKSHIRE.htm

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a compass avantgarde, same thing, identical inside, it's reg 07 but is 06 model , love it had it three years , no problems at all, everything we need in a small body, never going to swop it(y):)

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
What a lovely offer - thanks. Ive actually found another one closer to home that seems very similar that I might go and see. Not sure if it is a trade sale though or not as it says he is just selling on behalf of a customer so unsure if I would get the 'added security' of trade purchase????

http://www.caldervalleymotorhomes.com/Motorhome-for-Sale-DEWSBURY-WEST-YORKSHIRE.htm

(This is Sedge - on Pete's lappy LOL)

I much prefer the upholstery colour in that one - much lighter all round - thought the other looked a bit dark and also made the woodgrain (or wood LOL) look rather dark too, but you often can't tell the actual shade of things from photos.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
@CHF - just be sure to check the weight of the Van- in particular the rear axle as, if you are putting things in the back box, you may be overloading it (our 03 had a similar box).

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning

Looks like they sell on behalf of private customers (and obviously take a commission) and they recommend a company for you to take out (buy) a warranty on the van. So it's not like buying from a dealer where you have a certain amount of 'come back' :whistle:.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CHF

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Looking...
Exp
Previous caravanner
Looks like they sell on behalf of private customers (and obviously take a commission) and they recommend a company for you to take out (buy) a warranty on the van. So it's not like buying from a dealer where you have a certain amount of 'come back' :whistle:.

I asked the following questions and this was the reponse. Seems reassuring but no mention of a warranty.

Me: When was the last habitation check and what was the outcome?
Will you provide a comprehensive damp report confirming it has no damp?
What guarantees or warranties do you offer with the vehicle?
Does it have a full service history and receipts?
Are the MOTs up to date and do they confirm the mileage?
Thanks

response:

"motorhome will come with a full service . full habitation/damp/gas certificate and full mot with last 4 years recorded mileage. "

Will the damp certificate be enough for me? Gas etc doesnt concern me as can sort this but damp petrifies me.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sounds good to me, I know elddis haven't got the best name with recent vans, but there's not a lot of places you can get damp in on this model , one piece roof no joints and as long as the joints at front and back are ok , not much to worry about I don't think.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back