Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
i was thinking of getting a am06 desk fan for our trip to France next month and was wondering weather it would be to powerful for 10amps ehu . Has anyone got one and if
So what do you think of it
Thanks in advance

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Get an Endless Breeze fan instead. They run on 12 volts and are pretty quiet for a fan and very powerful. Stores quite small as well.

As for your question it won't take much current, nothing like 10 amps, so it won't be a problem other than it needs an EHU or an inverter, which is why the Endless Breeze is so useful.

Only downside is the cost!

http://www.fantasticvent.co.uk/product/FV1100WH/ENDLESS+BREEZE

Edit. Just googled, the Dyson fan consumes negligible current, 24W on 240V so that is 0.1A on your EHU. But they are pricy, makes an Endless Breeze look cheap but I guess they are very quiet.

Last edited:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We use a 9 inch desk fan , £8 from tescos from our inverter
We have habitation area air con but it is noisy and cannot be used at night as it keeps us awake, Plus it uses a lot of elecy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Dyson fan is very noisy - I wouldn't fancy using one in the van

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have one, wouldn't have called it noisy, ours is the bladeless thingy, on cool air only the power will be almost zero, but turn the temp up and it brings in a 2 Kw element, around 8A I think, don't use kettle at same time (y)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
we have one, wouldn't have called it noisy, ours is the bladeless thingy, on cool air only the power will be almost zero, but turn the temp up and it brings in a 2 Kw element, around 8A I think, don't use kettle at same time (y)
It appears that Dyson released the second gen in 2014, so it's quite possible that I've only heard the original one !
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...g-hum-Dysons-bladeless-device-75-quieter.html

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As an aside Dyson is very clever at taking existing technology and adapting them to new uses. The cyclones in his vacuum cleaner have been around since the end of the 19th Century I think and have been used for example in vehicle air filters as a pre-filter to remove coarse particles but it was Dyson who saw the opportunity to use them in a vacuum cleaner. Likewise the bladeless fan. The idea has been around for a long time, it uses a thing called the Bernoulli Effect, and they have been used as a fume extractor for say welding in confined spaces, running off compressed air. Dyson just turned it round to blow rather than suck. He did invent the ball barrow though which I think was entirely original but his blade hand driers are useless as they just drip water everywhere!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You have it in one @DBK .. (y)

the 'bladeless' fan is a con.. the fan is fitted inside on the bottom.. :rolleyes:

the Dyson man is a plageriser
He does credit his observation of industrial cyclonic cleaners as giving him the idea for domestic use. The 'bladeless' fan is just that from a users point of view and his use of the Bernoulli effect (which he doesn't claim to have invented!) is well thought through. I have issues with price vs quality as far as his vacuum cleaners are concerned.

DBK - you might have missed the point of the blade drier. It's designed to push water off the skin so it's likely water will go everywhere

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
He does credit his observation of industrial cyclonic cleaners as giving him the idea for domestic use. The 'bladeless' fan is just that from a users point of view and his use of the Bernoulli effect (which he doesn't claim to have invented!) is well thought through. I have issues with price vs quality as far as his vacuum cleaners are concerned.

DBK - you might have missed the point of the blade drier. It's designed to push water off the skin so it's likely water will go everywhere
I wasn't criticising the man, he is very clever at what he does and his products are generally very good although the vacuum cleaners can be a bit flaky sometimes.

You will see blade hand driers from other companies which have a drain to collect the water blown off. With Dyson ones it just gets blown onto the floor. I know a company where they uninstalled all the Dyson ones after only a few weeks. It was a food processing factory and the hygiene people were unimpressed.

But Dyson is good for UK industry.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Don't know about Dyson fans, but they have fitted those Dyson urinals in our local and they're rubbish p*§§ everywhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back