Fulltiming Barming Kent (1 Viewer)

M

Mayurua

Deleted User
My Wife and I are going to be fulltiming in Barming near Maidstone Kent anyone got any suggestions of friendly Campsites, Farmers or people with property that needs looking after ect dont want to keep moving every 28 days if you know what i mean

Many Thanks
Dave

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave, there are plenty of places that won't make you move on after 28 days, but because these forums are seen by well over 2500 people every day you can understand the reluctance to publicly name those that flout planning regulations. Privately when you meet other full timers this information might be exchanged. We have a private area here, where full timers can chat about things in private but you need to be vouched for by another bonefide fulltimer to be able to gain access.

Meanwhile, best of luck with your fulltiming plans, you are not alone and you might be surprised to find how many fulltimers you meet on your travels:Smile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Dave,

I am not too far from Barming, this is the only site I know of, it may be worth a ring.

Address Riverside Caravan Park

Farleigh Bridge East Farleigh Maidstone Kent PostcodeME16 9ND Telephone01474 852 520

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My Wife and I are going to be fulltiming in Barming near Maidstone Kent anyone got any suggestions of friendly Campsites, Farmers or people with property that needs looking after ect dont want to keep moving every 28 days if you know what i mean

Many Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave, I posted this on the RVF site but I've copy pasted ..

Link Removed

CLs are probably the best value for money sites available when fulltiming, but moving every 28days can be a problem or at best inconvenient .. but some CLs, especially the quieter ones will 'bend' the rule .. but how do you know if they will or not, calling them and asking is definitely a 'no no' ..you could be an undercover CC inspector for all they know.. and when you book, saying you are full time is also not advised.. traveller, gypsy will spring into their mind..
When you call, book in for two weeks but mention you may want to extend this period, this gives you a chance to see the site and gauge the owners. Once on site get to know them, offer to help with chores around the site, be a considerate camper, be as unobtrusive as possible.. in other words.. make them want you to stay ..
There is no hard and fast method or way of doing it but once friendly enough tell them about your lifestyle and how difficult it is to find long term sites.. they may at this point say it's ok to stay longer..
If you are successful ,don't talk to other site guests about it or how long you have been on site.. they may report the owner.. and I don't think it's a good idea to advertise to all and sundry, keep it to yourself .. !

One other tip, pay your site fees up front even if they say it's ok to pay before you leave..

Good luck, and safe travels

Jim

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Best thing I found to say to others who enquire about staying on site full time is to say " Sorry, I don't know, I am just here for the season.......you would be better asking the owner".
It usually shuts them up about it......................I have even had people driving onto the site and coming to me directly and ringing my doorbell to ask if they take full timers (must be cos I have orniments in my window)......... I tell them the same thing :winky:

Boo

PS. So where is this private room for full timers Jim?

OP
OP
M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Hi Dave,

I am not too far from Barming, this is the only site I know of, it may be worth a ring.

Address Riverside Caravan Park

Farleigh Bridge East Farleigh Maidstone Kent PostcodeME16 9ND Telephone01474 852 520

Cheers that is leterally round the corner from my wifes new office ill give them a try next time i am down there dont want to spook them on the phone

more suggestions from anyone very welcome

Dave

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We used to stay at a lovely and very clean campsite called Two Chimneys not far from Margate.

We dont go their anymore purely because they have stopped taking dogs and we wouldnt leave our pet behind.

Dont know what the maximum length of time for staying on site is though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back