Can You Overnight At Holyhead For Ferry? (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Catching ferry on a Monday to Ireland, is there anywhere nearby to park overnight on the Sunday night please?
Will be travelling from Misterton.
Ta

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Junction 2 off A55 has Morrisons, Tesco, etc, all the trucks overnight there, there's a pub its well lit at night and I would think safe.

Eric

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
For those of you travelling through Holyhead Port to Ireland a brand new RoadKing truck / vehicle stop owned by BetFred has just opened 1 mile from the port and apart from the usual lorries it welcomes Motorhomes. I think it's around £10 per overnight stay inclusive of free showers , EHU power and access to licensed bar and cafe which serves a superb breakfast .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
We doing the same in a few weeks am i to understand that we can't just park up for the night in the ferry car park? i've been in it once before but that was just to leave my car as i was a foot passenger.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
For those of you travelling through Holyhead Port to Ireland a brand new RoadKing truck / vehicle stop owned by BetFred has just opened 1 mile from the port and apart from the usual lorries it welcomes Motorhomes. I think it's around £10 per overnight stay inclusive of free showers , EHU power and access to licensed bar and cafe which serves a superb breakfast .
Thanks,
Good to know.
Once crossed from Irl to Holyhead and took B&B in a hotel there called the 'The Mount' hotel. O my god.... Stayed an hour and slept in the car.... Check trip advisor for reviews....

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I have stayed in the RSPB carpark by the stack lighthouse about 15 mins to the west of Holyhead,
Very quiet with great views over St George's channel, cafeteria and toilets on site ,

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Just been researching this as it will be my prob soon.Victoria road car park and Upper Hill Street are both 4 mins away from port.Victoria has 23 spaces and Upper Hill 40 or more .Payment is 8.00-20.00 free outside these hours and even then its only£3 for 4 hours .I hope to get there for 6 or 7ish when shoppers have gone home,pay for a couple of hours and then up and off at 6am (Early sail-groan)

Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

Any updates on staying overnight at Holyhead
I will be returning from Ireland end of the month and don't dock till 12 midnight
Travelling on my own with dog so needing somewhere to stay safely

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
See my post above about the car parks they really are close.Or you can roadside? come out of port ,turn right (everyone else will be going left to join main road out) and the road widens out ,we parked there overnight no probs.

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
If you are just after a place to park to catch the ferry then just use an A55 layby. The truckers do and it is free. Save yourself a few quid and your good to go the next morning. Tesco has barriers now so that is probably out for most.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back