I'm In Bad Books (again!) Loo Query (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
....,getting ready for Bagwell tomorrow, I've read lots on here about using bio wash liquid in the loo instead of Les's beloved loo chemicals....put some in yesterday and now he's going mad because of the awful pong:eek:

I've told him he's prob not put enough in & try more....or am I missing something please?

Any advice would be gratefully received for a stress free packing day:rolleyes:

Cheers
Deb

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks Graham, I've just been into the van and it doesn't smell nice tbh (so he's right but don't tell him) but he's put some more in, prob just have to give it time I think :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks Graham, I've just been into the van and it doesn't smell nice tbh (so he's right but don't tell him) but he's put some more in, prob just have to give it time I think :D
Was there a washing line up?:confused: Was the smell coming from there?
Maybe he thought by adding bio you'd changed the facility function?:(
You should know by now how stoopit us guy folk are!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I've started using the one from Morrisons and it smells quite nice. Much nicer than the blue loo liquid.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
He's been moved to a physio rehabilitation bed prior to discharge. The physios assured me he wouldn't be out before the end of next whelk but he wants to go home......what can you do...he's 86, thinks he's 26.......I've gotten v good at biting my tongue:confused:
Thanks fir asking though Griff

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
And thats where I'm heading now.....just hope the van smells better when I get back this evening:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Lol.....damn spellcheck! Seriously though, he's had e coli, thinks he got it from the oysters he'd had.....:eek:
No, it will be the whelks. Most shellfish is tainted by grey waste spread on highways these days Debs. It percolates thousands of miles to the nearest ocean. Try weaning him off whelks and onto something healthier, like cannabis. (y)(y)

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Aldi's finest, two capfuls.
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Naw, naw, naw Debs. When Toots said "Try weaning him off whelks and onto something healthier, like cannabis" Badknee didn't mean here's an alternative ("Aldi's finest, two capfuls")!!!

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Naw, naw, naw Debs. When Toots said "Try weaning him off whelks and onto something healthier, like cannabis" Badknee didn't mean here's an alternative ("Aldi's finest, two capfuls")!!!
Haha, you never know! But your right Gellyneck I didn't. Stick it in the loo Debs not yer Dad.:eek:

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I feel another SOG thread coming up!:rolleyes:
I am sure you are right. I use bio liquid but we have a SOG, I'm not sure it is ideal for a conventional "atmospheric" loo.

You don't need to put anything in with a SOG as the "draught" will suppress the evil odours, but the bio liquid makes emptying a slightly more pleasurable* experience. :)

* Pleasurable that is on a relative scale. Still unpleasant but not so far towards the vile end of the spectrum as emptying untreated.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Well, I have always used blue bags in our loo when caravanning so continued when we changed to motorhoming last September. After reading all of the threads on here about loo stuff, I tried using bio stuff. Well, when I came to empty the cassette it was AWFUL! The only time ever my stomach turned emptying the loo. And we don't use ours for 'solids'! Don't know what I did wrong, but I went straight back to blue bags!

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can't stand the usual (Thetford etc) toilet chemicals they make me heave - even right out of the bottle / box.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well I'm back from the hospital stint but Les assures me that we still have a 'problem' :eek:......did I make it clear this was all about an unused casette, trying bio wash liquid for the 1st time?;)
......anyway Les is going to fill it with fresh water, rinse & try again.....why he didn't try this while I've been out I don't know:cool:......(I think I ought to shut up now in case I say something incriminating:D)
And there's still loads to pack.....but thanks for the replies folks(y)

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I dislike the smell of the thetford stuff too. I always use bio and no problem with any smell. Did you make sure you'd flushed all the thetford stuff away before using bio, there could be an unexpected reaction.

Edit reposted before mine, see it was a new cassette

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And / or use cheap coke to steep the cassette for a while. It will help get rid of any limescale build-up

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not a pleasant job but I strip down the cassette every now and then and clean it thoroughly. you would be amazed and disgusted to see the build up of sticky goo that builds up when using the new version of blue. once clean, and it is easy with hot water the nasty stale smell is history. since using bio the issue doesnt occur

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I dislike the smell of the thetford stuff too. I always use bio and no problem with any smell. Did you make sure you'd flushed all the thetford stuff away before using bio, there could be an unexpected reaction.

Edit reposted before mine, see it was a new cassette
Nooo doh!.....sorry, not a new one but it was empty, I think you're right and it's a reaction to the chemicals.

I've just been into the van now Les has was it through and it appears to be ok.

Cheers everyone.....getting excited now:)

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Debs Mix 2 capfuls of the Bio Liquid with half a litre of HOT water and shake up in a bottle before putting in the cassette .....this will help mix and activate the liquid. If you are feeling generous then use 3 or 4 capfuls....... you'll be fine (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back