Accidenr Form? (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Do I need to take an accident report form in French and English when we go. I seem to remember some mention of it somwhere. Not that I plan to have one of course!

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
The accident forms are the same format all through the EU.
You don't need one in any other language, you just fill in an English one and if another vehicle is involved he will have an identical one in his language.

Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Do I need to take an accident report form in French and English when we go. I seem to remember some mention of it somwhere. Not that I plan to have one of course!
I am guessing that this is your first trip out of the UK, so I ask if you carry an accident form in this country? If I am being honest, I have no idea what an accident form is.
Alan

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've been provided with the forms in the past by various Insurers along with all the other bumph, they generally get filed away but I usually check what needs taking before a foreign trip.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
The European Accident statement can be obtained from the internet. the language doesn't really matter because, as was said above (by Terry), the other person will probably have one in his/her own language - however, all the major details will be in the same order and the same format so all parties can agree the facts.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I had not heard of this before but checked it out. It makes good sense to carry this form as it asks all of the important questions. I now have a copy although it used a lot of blue ink.
Thank you!
Alan

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Hi,

I'm not sure if its a legal requirement but as said, some insurers do provide the form, Comfort do.

Just in case the other party doesn't have one you can download them in various lingos from the links below, no guarantees they would fill it in or sign it though...

http://accidentsketch.com/accident_statement/ressourcen/Accident-Report_french_english.pdf

http://accidentsketch.com/accident-report.html

Pete

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You can ownload fromhere.

http://cartraveldocs.com/

Ours here are automatically supplied with your insurance..

The accident forms are the same format all through the EU.
You don't need one in any other language, you just fill in an English one and if another vehicle is involved he will have an identical one in his language.

Terry
not quite correct, see below.

The European Accident statement can be obtained from the internet. the language doesn't really matter because, as was said above (by Terry), the other person will probably have one in his/her own language - however, all the major details will be in the same order and the same format so all parties can agree the facts.

Yes but if it is YOUR form you fill in side A ,on the left, & the other party fills in side B on the right. Then on the other drivers form he fills in side A, on the left & you fill in side b . Each of you has to sign at the bottom of each others forms & the forms are NCR & in triplicate.
Once signed you give them the copy that is for them & they do the same with one for you. ( it states on them Yours, theirs , insurance company, or something
similar )

In a no injury accident here it can take 2-3 hours :(& as normally done in a local bar. If the police are involved then add another 1-2 hours.:LOL: If it involves injuries & the police ,well :cry:

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
You can ownload fromhere.

http://cartraveldocs.com/

Ours here are automatically supplied with your insurance..

not quite correct, see below.

Yes but if it is YOUR form you fill in side A ,on the left, & the other party fills in side B on the right. Then on the other drivers form he fills in side A, on the left & you fill in side b . Each of you has to sign at the bottom of each others forms & the forms are NCR & in triplicate.
Once signed you give them the copy that is for them & they do the same with one for you. ( it states on them Yours, theirs , insurance company, or something
similar )

In a no injury accident here it can take 2-3 hours :(& as normally done in a local bar. If the police are involved then add another 1-2 hours.:LOL: If it involves injuries & the police ,well :cry:
I quite agree, what I meant in the original reply is that you do not need to understand their statement and neither do you need to be able to read theirs as each section on all forms is in the same order which is why it is termed "European...."

I also believe that in some EU states (Roumania comes to mind) you are not allowed to leave the scene until the police have been involved (not common across the major playesrs but shows the need to check the requirements of each member state before you enter. It is easy to get it wrong through ignorance (rather like stripping off on a mountain!!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back