Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Any memory foam mattress topper can be easily cut to the shape you require, there's nothing special about them, the only thing you have to then sort out is to make the cover fit the new shape, but a little bit of sewing soon sorts that out. However as you've mentioned a mattress, again you can use any and cut it to shape (an electric carving knife is best).

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I purchased mine off the web and did as minxyG said: trimmed to fit. Keep meaning to stitch the Cover to the right shape but haven't got around to it, just tuck in the excess!! Really easy to trim as it is only foam at the end of the day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
OP
OP
Lucyjason

Lucyjason

Free Member
Oct 19, 2013
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
Since 2013
can I ask why memory foam and not a proper pocket sprung mattress ?

personally I wouldn't have a foam bed.. too hot and sweaty .. but that's just me..
Have pocket sprung and find it to hard. My back hurts every time I use it. I don't find my memory foam mattress at home hot or sweaty.

OP
OP
Lucyjason

Lucyjason

Free Member
Oct 19, 2013
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
Since 2013
I'm thinking of buying a double bed memory foam mattress and using the old one as a template and cutting it down myself. Then at least I can try it for comfort before buying

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back