Feb 9, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
23 YEARS
Hi
has anyone come across any sites that allow more than two dogs?
We normally only travel with 2, but have an ailing dog and cannot leave him with anyone re his needs.
We are extremely responsible owners and keep them on leads, pick up mess etc exercise off site.
Dogs would not be roaming and kept with us at all times.

Ps we are motorhomers and have a coachbuilt

paul

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi
We normally only travel with 2, but have an ailing dog and cannot leave him with anyone re his needs.
We are extremely responsible owners and keep them on leads, pick up mess etc exercise off site.

paul

Literally from the 'horses' mouth:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We have no limit on dogs - how many have you got ? :Smile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Oh boy you were quick there Peter !
3 dogs no problem - had a caravan in the other weekend 3 large dogs and 3 children all good as gold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi

paul

There are many dog freindly sites, there is usually a charge per dog.

Click here and search for a site in the area you wish to camp there will be lots of info also each site show a dog symbol if it allows them.

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
All the C & C C sites accept dogs and I've often seen units with 3 or more.

We were at Kingsbury last weekend and one friend has 3. Another friend who lives locally came to visit with her two, and what with my two and another friend with one, we went walking with a pack of 8.

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Hi,
There are three sites in Brandon, all happy to take dogs to the point one campsite is used by the husky racers when they have does in the forest, three vans of up to eight huskies in each. A fantastic site when they are out eating.
Cheyne

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Maxitai,

We at Cornish Farm Touring Park have no limit on dogs, in fact we love dogs, we just don't like irresponsible dog owners. You will always be welcome here with your best friends. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its amazing how many motorhomers are also dog owners. Many have a motorhome because of their pet. It seems the majority of campsites accept dogs. So many infact that sometimes I have taken it as a given that they do and have forgotton to ask, only to discover later that my German Shepherd is not welcome. (We have also used the same assumption and found that our kids were not welcome as there are now quite a few Adult only sites.) Be prepared to pay for the dogs though, most site owners charge extra.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
With demand outstripping supply in many areas, sites are becoming not only more expensive but are also cherry picking their guests.. I've seen all of these banned at one site on another ..
kids, dogs, single sex parties, motor bikes, RVs, tag axle vans, awnings, ground sheets, ball games, kites, quad bikes, electric scooters, BBQ, .. it's an ever increasing list, long gone are the days of a farmers field, a tap in the corner and a pit for dumping .. and no restrictions.. obeying the Country Code was all that was asked..

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We don't ban anyone but Mark was close to banning someone who came here and started fishing without asking first if it was allowed :Angry:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Whilst searching for a site in the torbay area this week we came across a fair few that didnt allow dogs. The ones that did were fully booked.

The charges for dogs are nomally £2 - £3 per day. It got me thinking why there was any charge or dogs at all

Jim
:Smile:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
C & C C don't charge extra for dogs.

I try to avoid sites that charge - an extra £6 for two dogs per night makes it a dear do.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
C & C C don't charge extra for dogs.

I try to avoid sites that charge - an extra £6 for two dogs per night makes it a dear do.

I'm booked on to three CC&C sites that are charging me for dogs

Jim
:Smile:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
You can check Link Removed for many sites (including ours, so they are not all in the UK) that welcome dogs.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back