Free Member
Jun 11, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Hymer swing 494
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, I'm a real newbie. Waiting for my first motor home to be delivered next Tuesday.
Could I please ask some advice. The MH I have purchased is a 2000, 1.9, hymer swing 494.
I want to purchase a wheel clamp for it, but don't have any idea as to what size wheels it has. I also would like to know which are the best, from insurance point of view. Which is the best insurance company and which best rescue that would accommodate transport of my dogs if needed? Sorry it's a long list!

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
Hi and welcome. Get wheel sizes from your seller I joined caravan an camping club and in your first year they offer great insurance and also special offer from Arrival rescue including discount vouchers for sites This could be a way to go in your first year and would let you get the hang of everything ready for next year Check the website for c and c club and see what they have to offer including discounts from their partners including wheel clamps etc Good luck with your new adventure you will enjoy it.......Bruce and Irene
PS Just keep posting your questions here you will get lots of help and loads of alternative answers to help you decide

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Chris and welcome on board.. To get the wheel size, give the supplier a ring :)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi from Devon .as jim has said most clamps are adjustable .or else the clamping firms would need much bigger vehicles :)
Have fun
animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

OP
OP
Chris53

Chris53

Free Member
Jun 11, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Hymer swing 494
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all. I am actually already a member of the caravan club. I purchased a little caravan last year. Bought everything I needed like insurance rescue etc. I just didn't feel brave enough to tow it. Hence it sat on my drive for a year and has just been sold to be replaced by the little hymer. I know I will be ok driving this as I had a lwb Renault traffic. I've looked at wheel clamps on eBay and most seem to fit between 13"- 15", so I'm hoping if I get one it will fit.
I have three dogs at the moment and one or two expected later in the year. I show them and that is the main reason for the MH. To enable me to stay over at shows.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
For your ins caravan gard . Are very good and inc..brackdown and they will tow you off a site if you get bogged down all in . I pay for my autocruse 2005 £180.00 full comp been with them 4 years now and they don't try to put it up .

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi and welcome most will recover you with pet's but if they use anther company to pick up up they could say no.
We was recovered by AA told them we had dogs with no bother. The recovery company did not ask about pets and was not till they dropped us off did he here them .

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
hello and welcome. you seem to be getting your answers on here. so keep it up. we hope to see you and your dogs at one of the meets.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
HEY! Another recruit from Essex! Welcome.

I've got a Milenco 'U' shaped clamp (though I haven't got a Hymer)
It came with two different sized bosses to fit over different sized wheel nuts.
I looked at all sorts of clamps, some quite elaborate and fiddly. Most appear to be for caravans. My one only takes a few seconds to fit and remove. Would need an angle grinder to break it off.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to motorhome fun, when you bought the van and had a good look at it, just a bit wary at the moment after a couple of people buying vans in the last couple of weeks not seen the van and then they turned out to be scams I am sure this is not the case and you have checked the van out. :)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
The easiest way to find the wheel size is read the tyre. The tyre will say something like "195/85 15h". The 15 in this example is the wheel size ie 15 inch

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hello Welcome to motorhome fun, when you bought the van and had a good look at it, just a bit wary at the moment after a couple of people buying vans in the last couple of weeks not seen the van and then they turned out to be scams I am sure this is not the case and you have checked the van out. :)
First thing I thought, "delivered" alarm bells should be ringing

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been looking at this a bit more, and found she is a 62 year old lady who maybe not so scam savvy, never having bought before, if she comes on again please someone put here right if she hasn't let go of any money yet, doesn't look good to me, who delivers motorhomes.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well Tuesday's here, did the van get delivered or was it a scam , as she hasn't been back , suppose we will never know

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back