Arrival breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
does anyone, other than Scotjimland :winky:, have cover with the CC&C arrival scheme.

if so can i ask how much you pay :Blush:

as im not a member yet i cant access the site to find out.

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
breakdown

Hi,pappajohn.
I have looked at cc&c breakdown in the past but it dident look that good.I am with caravanguard who have been very good.My van is currently in france after breaking down last week.
Dave.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes me John,
I think circa £80 springs to mind
were with them because of the 7.5 tons we want lifting, if your over 3.5 you will struggle with the mains stream insurers
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,pappajohn.
I have looked at cc&c breakdown in the past but it dident look that good.I am with caravanguard who have been very good.My van is currently in france after breaking down last week.
Dave.

hi David,

as i already have insurance i only need B/D cover.
my ins co dont offer B/D cover at all and the Caravan club, RAC, Green flag, AA, international breakdown etc dont cover anything over 3500kg....my kontiki is 3850kg.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes me John,
I think circa £80 springs to mind
were with them because of the 7.5 tons we want lifting, if your over 3.5 you will struggle with the mains stream insurers
Geo

cheers Geo, that sounds reasonable especially as your covered personally not by vehicle.

think ill have to join.

going to loch ness on thurs and sods law says i WILL need help.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi i am a member of the c@cc aprox £30 per year +approx £70 per year to the rac so aprox £100 per year for peace of mind .well worth it in my mind ,as i once used there service to recover my 36 foot rv that only had a blocked fuel filter(but we cuold not find it at the side of the road).they sent a taxi for the missis and kids and a brand new £250,000 8 wheel scania unerlift recovery truck for me and the rv . total bill from them to me £ 0.00 . i would recomend this servive to anyone .i recon that recovery would have cost me at least £600 ,hope this is of interest to you .steve.:thumb:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi i am a member of the c@cc aprox £30 per year +approx £70 per year to the rac so aprox £100 per year for peace of mind .well worth it in my mind ,as i once used there service to recover my 36 foot rv that only had a blocked fuel filter(but we cuold not find it at the side of the road).they sent a taxi for the missis and kids and a brand new £250,000 8 wheel scania unerlift recovery truck for me and the rv . total bill from them to me £ 0.00 . i would recomend this servive to anyone .i recon that recovery would have cost me at least £600 ,hope this is of interest to you .steve.:thumb:

cheers steve, very helpful.

i have now joined the CC&C.:thumb: Oooops C&CC

bet you dont know how to buy Arrival B/D cover online.....the member services guide says you, can but you cant:Doh::cry:

Yetties

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Radstock Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
cheers steve, very helpful.

i have now joined the CC&C.:thumb: Oooops C&CC

bet you dont know how to buy Arrival B/D cover online.....the member services guide says you, can but you cant:Doh::cry:

If you have full ordinary RAC cover you get a code from C & CC then when you give that to the RAC they change your cover to unlimited for vehicle size and type from what I can remember think you then have an extra cost.

Hope this is of some help

Neil

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cheers neil, gonna ring the rac and C&CC tomorrow...

need cover by thurs morning so i hope they can do it using my C&CC member number or something.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
cheers Geo, that sounds reasonable especially as your covered personally not by vehicle.

think ill have to join.

going to loch ness on thurs and sods law says i WILL need help.

You will if you post that you seen Nessie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They added my cover just by giving CCC membership number:thumb:
Geo

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John, I have the arrival cover (4.2 t )but I named myself and son instead of the wife ::bigsmile: (she is always with me anyway :ROFLMAO:) so we both have cover driving anything :thumb: I did the same on the CC and the C&CC memberships :thumb:::bigsmile:. Saves me getting into trouble lending him my card :ROFLMAO:
terry
BTW did it over the phone instantly :thumb:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi John
We have full cover with the RAC. And as such we had nothing exta to pay when we joined the C&CC recovery. they recoved us when i mistakenly put £40 worth of petrol in the 709 Merc we have :Blush:. They took 3 attempts to bring a vehicle large enough to lift it. There was no problems from them. the service was exerlent.:thumb:

pudseykeith

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi John.

Have been with C&CC & RAC arrival for a few years now,have had to call twice, as wife is disabled it can cause problems with some other org. but have had no problems with them at all. Service Excellent.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
rac arrival

You will if you post that you seen Nessie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They added my cover just by giving CCC membership number:thumb:
Geo

yes weve been in it for years just for peace of mind

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks for all the replies guys,

bit the bullet and joined the C&CC then rang the RAC.

nice young lady by the name of Blanche signed me up straight away.

she never even asked for the quoted number as proof of C&CC membership but i gave it anyway.

personal cover for ANY vehicle i'm in.

just one minor problem......i never asked, and she never told me, how much...:Doh:but its gotta be cheaper than a private recovery from lochness to scarborough this weekend.....please, dont let me need it:Sad:

i did ask about cover for my hilux pickup as they state commercial vehicles arent covered but when i explained its my personal private pickup and not a business vehicle she checked with a supervisor and yes, it is covered:thumb:

also asked about the toad and she said if its classed as a trailer then it too is covered so a failed wheel bearing, damaged A frame etc will get it recovered.

:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back