Nozatec Sat Nav Free Map Update (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Can anyone help me regarding accessing the website for updating the maps on a Nozatec Sat Nav. According to the card that came with the sat nav the address is www. freemapsupdate.com but after a search I cannot find a website to access the map updates. I did find a P navi website which I think is the correct one but when I enter the ID "pnavi" and Password 12890780 it fails to enter the mapping page and comes up with an almost blank page with browloading at the top and then returns to the Pnavi website with the ID still in but the password blank. Do I have to connect the sat nav to the computer to access the website maps. Ive tried different browsers but without any success. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The site is temporarily down -or so it advises:rolleyes:

try this link

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
ramsthom
Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Thanks for link . It accessed the pnavi website to a dropdown list for the various countries mapping. Much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BillRob

Free Member
May 23, 2015
Victoria, Australia
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Facing the same problem...and the link Broken Link Removed. is not working any more. Any further advise regarding the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Claretmac

Free Member
Jun 11, 2015
uk
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
never
Please could somebody do me an idiots step by step guide on how to do the UK map update!?? I am having problems trying to figure it out!!! Many thanks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Please could somebody do me an idiots step by step guide on how to do the UK map update!?? I am having problems trying to figure it out!!! Many thanks
Go to this page then click on United Kingdom from the list given.
The files download within a zipped folder called United_Kingdom.zip. You need to open that within a program like Peazip and extract them to your own nominated place (could be the desktop if you like).
The folder currently contains four files with the types .fda .fpa .fsp and .fbl and you need to copy them to the map folder within the content folder on your tablet or MicroSD card (depending on where you are running the program file.
Delete the four older UK files of those types but leave the .ftr file in place as that contains truck specific information.
Pnavi told me that the it will work OK even though the .ftr file name is different from the other four. A quick test after I had downloaded the new files the other day appears to bear that out.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I know this is an old post but I didn't want to start a new one for a follow on... having downloaded the maps, the card says I can set the location .. right now my new (birthday present how cool is my Ms Tiggs) trucknav has a built in memory and a memory card... all the maps are on the built in but it sort of makes sense to me to move them off to the memory card... any ideas if this is simple?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi,

If I read your post correctly what you propose is to put the map files on the sd card but leave the system files on the main unit memory. I believe this is possible but it but it needs a change to the sys.txt file on the igo main folder to tell the system where to find the maps. I cannot help with the syntax of the statements to be included as I have not tried it. (not much help)
However I can suggest an alternative.
The problem with the units is that the 4gb internal memory is not large enough to host the complete system and all of europe maps you really need 8gb. espescially as the newer maps take more space. The approach I have taken is to copy the whole of the Igo folder to the sd card, then replaced the maps on that with the new ones and any associated poi files. (you can also add the user poi folders and files to this ). You then change the setting of the Navigation path on the second screen of the windows menu to point at the system on the sd card.
The advantage of this approach is that you do not make any changes to the delivered unit and you can revert to it at any time should you have a problem.

Hope this helps

John

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Isn't having a brain magic. The power of this site.
Tea Bag Numpty

Marjan

Free Member
Sep 21, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Go to this page then click on United Kingdom from the list given.
The files download within a zipped folder called United_Kingdom.zip. You need to open that within a program like Peazip and extract them to your own nominated place (could be the desktop if you like).
The folder currently contains four files with the types .fda .fpa .fsp and .fbl and you need to copy them to the map folder within the content folder on your tablet or MicroSD card (depending on where you are running the program file.
Delete the four older UK files of those types but leave the .ftr file in place as that contains truck specific information.
Pnavi told me that the it will work OK even though the .ftr file name is different from the other four. A quick test after I had downloaded the new files the other day appears to bear that out.

GJH;
or anyone that might know..

I've read your reply to claretmac;
my here sat nav doesn't have .ftr file for uk. It was working fine until last week but now it's not considering heights when calculating routes and is taking me through too low bridges.. Any idea why?
Maybe there was ftr file there on first update and i deleted it? Strange since it was working fine..
Thank you for your answer.
Kind regards

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
GJH;
or anyone that might know..

I've read your reply to claretmac;
my here sat nav doesn't have .ftr file for uk. It was working fine until last week but now it's not considering heights when calculating routes and is taking me through too low bridges.. Any idea why?
Maybe there was ftr file there on first update and i deleted it? Strange since it was working fine..
Thank you for your answer.
Kind regards
Given the circumstances that would seem to be the reason. A number of people have loaded maps to the Resources section so you should be able to download a set to obtain a .ftr file to use.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Marjan

Free Member
Sep 21, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I cannot subscribe atm.
I've seen this post of yours on some other site too where you sent this file to someone.
Any chance you send it to me too please, i really struggle at work with this issue.
Many thanks,
Marjan

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I cannot subscribe atm.
I've seen this post of yours on some other site too where you sent this file to someone.
Any chance you send it to me too please, i really struggle at work with this issue.
Many thanks,
Marjan
That was months ago, before I realised that Nozatec and the rest were using pirated maps and software and dumped what I had. I'd actually forgotten that my upload to the resources section was still there when I referred to a number of people having loaded maps there.
Unfortunately I think you will need to subscribe rather than expect members to circumvent the rules which restrict resources to subscribers.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I cannot subscribe atm.
Many thanks,
Marjan

Hiello and welcome. :)

The subscribe button is at the top right of page. Its easy to do and will be the best £15 spent for the year. You alredy see how beneficial it can be for you.

mick baines

Free Member
Jun 14, 2017
bridlington
Funster No
MH
camper
Exp
im anewbie
as anyone found a way of downloading map update for a NOZATEC NAVIGATOR YET .AND HOW DO I DO IT.please newbee mick

Steve56

Free Member
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
ok, so Im wanting to update my satnav, and have had the same issue regarding the website, but worked it out, downloaded it....................now what? how do I get it from my laptop to my satnav? I connected the two devices, but nothing shows up..........so I now have updated maps on a zipfile....whatever that is............which is completely useless when I engage with a new roundabout/motorway connection up in Scotland, as happened recently.......satnave had no idea where we were or how to progress. Why dont they make things easy for us dummies

jp51mog

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
midlands
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
swopped from caravans
Hi all, does anyone know which file contains all your favourites as I don't want to change the file and loose all my saved locations?

jp51mog

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
midlands
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
swopped from caravans
Hi all does anyone know which folder contains all your stored favourites?

jayjay34

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
don't own one
i have a satnav here and when i go to the address mentioned above it doesn't work
i have tried to put in freemapupdates but it changes to elitefashion and that doesn't work either
any help please

Reactions: Via

Via

Free Member
May 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
SUV
i have a satnav here and when i go to the address mentioned above it doesn't work
i have tried to put in freemapupdates but it changes to elitefashion and that doesn't work either
any help please
Hi, did you have found where it can to download new maps for satnav?
Thanks.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Join 'Nozatec Truck Sat Nav Users UK' on FB
All the most recent updates are there - along with full instructions - in the files section.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
As advised ,join the Facebook group.the maps are all on there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back