Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Tried a few times since I've been away to connect to a network, without any luck. Today sitting in Bordeaux I can see the aerial about 30' away, laptop, phone and tablet can all happily connect to it but not my IBoost. Followed the instruction about 5 times now, feeling like hitting it with a hammer because all I get is internet not available. Guess I'm going something wrong but what? help :mad:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
You fail to say who your trying to connect to!
If it's SFR with FON then sorry to tell you, but you cannot. I tried for days and whilst I could connect direct using my laptop and iPhone the iBoost would not open the web page to login. I'm currently sitting in UK using BT with FON on iBoost system and works a treat.

Perhaps motohomewifi will read this and come up with a "fix"

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Ive just had similar problems getting onto WiFi with my hudll at a site in huelgoat France where chrome automatically goes to google for its home page rather than the sign on screen I found that in settings /WiFi a small question mark appears at the top of the page once connection is made dragging this down opened the login page
I've not had this before and hope it may help you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
That a new one on me...... I tried Chrome, firefox, Safari and nothing, will look for that on return trip.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's the free campsite wifi this time. So far I've no luck with SFR Fon either, can never get to the logon page. At the moment feels like a complete wast of money. Did try emailing them with some MiFi issues but they obviously don't like answering me :( because I've never had a reply.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
just recently bought the iBoost, so will be following this with some interest as we are off to France in July

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have never had any problems with my I boost abroad. I haven't tried connecting to SFR Fon though.

Sounds like you might be doing something wrong Clive because it definitely isn't a waste of money.

Try switching off and starting from scratch.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Done that more times than I can think of, followed all the instructions but never get anything on the RX/TX

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I'm sorry you are having problems but glad someone else is having trouble with fon , iv tried to connect to it till I'm blue in the face for best part of 4 years now, iv done everything that addie on here has recommended and googled it and everything I can think of and can never ever get it to do anything.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Saying that , some on here think it's the best thing since sliced bread(n)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Are you sure everything is plugged in correctly?

I can honestly say I have never had any problems using site wifi, both here and abroad.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes pretty dam sure, I get to everything but the log on. I actually programme finance systems so not a computer virgin :D This is why I think there's a little undocumented feature that I'm falling foul of

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Is it displaying available wifi in the locality?

If it isn't and you are that close to the aerial then I was just wondering if your aerial was properly connected that's all.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes I can see everything, it goes through all the steps but I just can't connect :cry:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Did try emailing them with some MiFi issues but they obviously don't like answering me :( because I've never had a reply.

I suspect they haven't got your email.

I am also pretty sure they will reply as soon as they do.

I was with a Funster early this year and, being nosy, went through the set up instructions on their new IBoost with them.

We had a spot of bother too but eventually found we were typing information in the wrong place...

I sure you will get sorted soon.

JJ :cool:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's the free campsite wifi this time. So far I've no luck with SFR Fon either, can never get to the logon page. At the moment feels like a complete wast of money. Did try emailing them with some MiFi issues but they obviously don't like answering me :( because I've never had a reply.
If the aerial is only 30 feet away can you not connect directly to it from your tablet or whatever you are using? This will show if there is a working WiFi signal.

And I've never had anything from MotorhomeWiFi but exemplary service and advice so I don't know what's happening to your emails. Perhaps you need to connect to a network. :D

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
If the aerial is only 30 feet away can you not connect directly to it from your tablet or whatever you are using? This will show if there is a working WiFi signal.

And I've never had anything from MotorhomeWiFi but exemplary service and advice so I don't know what's happening to your emails. Perhaps you need to connect to a network. :D
that's how I'm writing this :)

Reactions: DBK
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
not sure from your post if you have ever used it yet

connect to the iboost option, then type in box at top of page (I am sure it has a name)

that should open the iboost menu to log in and search for options, then as posted above chose and change

(y)

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not sure from your post if you have ever used it yet

connect to the iboost option, then type in box at top of page (I am sure it has a name)

that should open the iboost menu to log in and search for options, then as posted above chose and change

(y)
as I said I'm not a computer virgin, followed all the instructions and it's at the point i'm looking for a rx/tx that nothing happens. Should have tried in UK but it looks really easy

Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

As my friends will tell you I love to buy useful useless objects

The best one is the boost
Yes you can pick up signals but there locked unless yes unless there is a bt Fon

Well I have had mine two years at least and it as still not paid for itself.
I will persevere with it
Seems as though it is more useful abroad

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have never had any luck with this set up either, been through the routine many times, but the signal strength readings on the aerial show full signal, then disappear completely, that's how it continues, on, off, on, off, very frustrating.
Using Caravan Club Wifi to post this from Brecon CC Site.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have never had any luck with this set up either, been through the routine many times, but the signal strength readings on the aerial show full signal, then disappear completely, that's how it continues, on, off, on, off, very frustrating.
Using Caravan Club Wifi to post this from Brecon CC Site.

Funnily enough, we have exactly the same issue here at home, my BT hub and repeaters are fine with direct connection, but the iBoost does just as you say constant on off, we can though connect to our BT fon with constant connectivity. We are living in our MH in garden while we do building work and cant easily connect to our normal wifi

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Stupid thing is at home I have the same looking aerial but it just plugs into the laptop, worked really well, then I thought I'd treat myself to this :cry:

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
On a site in the Vendee at the moment, iboost working brill even let my neighbour use it to book his ferry home, now he wants one, must say though, that do struggle in UK to get on bt fon connections.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I wasn't knocking iboost as I don't have one , it's fon I can never get to work

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
but never get anything on the RX/TX

just a suggestion..

do you have the antenna plugged into the correct socket ?

there are two.. ETH1 and ETH2..

the iBoost only gets a signal when it's plugged into the one marked .. ETH2

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes definitely in the right one, I get the red light confirming that the aerial is powered up. I then do the site survey and select the one I want. I then select change followed by apply. I then wait 60 seconds and go to main screen. Everything appears correct except the TX/RX rate, that says 2x2. When I try to open a new browser window it tells me no connection. When I look at the aerial all the lights are on. The signal is so strong I can connect my phone, tablet and laptop, just not IBoost

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back