Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are off to Bodensee (aka Lake Constance) in September and I am tempted to do a lot of the mileage on the French motorways even though I don't usually like paying tolls.

This calculator will work out your route for you and tell you how much you would have to pay in tolls. In our case Calais to Strasbourg would cost 75.70 euros which is bearable I suppose. You can't put 'motorhome' in the search criteria though, I went for 'car and caravan', hopefully its the same.

Paul

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We're off via Lake Constance on our way to Northern Italy in late July and we are not going anyway near a toll road (Even through Austria). Via Luxembourg and and then turn south neat Stuttgart, no tolls and cheaper fuel (y)

BTW Google still does the route calculation avoiding tolls. I find Google maps easier to read than most when calculating a journey.

Thanks Antony

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We're off via Lake Constance on our way to Northern Italy in late July and we are not going anyway near a toll road (Even through Austria). Via Luxembourg and and then turn south neat Stuttgart, no tolls and cheaper fuel (y)

BTW Google still does the route calculation avoiding tolls. I find Google maps easier to read than most when calculating a journey.

Thanks Antony

We have got about 18 days away and the plan is to get to Lake Constance asap, stay for a few days then take our time coming back. We stayed on the stellplatz at Radolfzell (I think) on our last trip, very nice. If you haven't been to the lake before I can recommend a boat trip to Mainau Island, beautiful.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have got about 18 days away and the plan is to get to Lake Constance asap, stay for a few days then take our time coming back. We stayed on the stellplatz at Radolfzell (I think) on our last trip, very nice. If you haven't been to the lake before I can recommend a boat trip to Mainau Island, beautiful.

Paul

Cheers Paul, the lake does look stunning and the statue guarding the harbour superb (y) It is our first time & a boat trip is a must, can't wait ;)

Thanks Antony

Saint76

Free Member
Jan 10, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8years
Be there again in September lovely quieter than August but still busy on the sites.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Be careful on the toll roads if you are around 3mtrs high that don't have a person at the end to pay as the system is automatic it will want to charge the higher HGV rate, so you have to speak to someone at the control centre and explain you are a motorhome to get the lower charge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Use the toll m/w quite a bit on last trip as just want to get from A-B as quick as possible and get set up
Over the 5 weeks it cost us £160 in tolls and only once were we given s class 3 ticket and when we came to pay it would not take the ticket as it wa wading us as class 2
Nice lady appeared from somewhere and sorted it and we are exactly 3m

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back