I Have Been 'conditioned'.... (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have realised that by association, every time I jump into the van, I get excited at the thought of a new adventure! :)

We have had so many grand adventures over the last two years that I can ONLY associate the van with having fun! :D

Can you imagine my disappointment when over the last few days, each time I climbed into the van it was only to pack MORE stuff in to use it as a removal van for my daughter :eek:

Roll on next week! Come on Cornwall (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use a motorhome to move furniture.

It should be BANNED!

JJ :cool:

I do agree! It just happened to be the 'cheap' option :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Putting honest, hard working, professional, removal men out of work...

"Come on lads... Let's form a picket line!"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have the dreaded uni run to Nottingham this weekend, fortunately staying at a little CL on the Saturday night first. One more child in Chichester so same again next year.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use a motorhome to move furniture.

It should be BANNED!

I offered our services to help a friend in distress, and our camper was used to transport large items of furniture, but I am so sad, I still got excited that I was taking the van out!!!

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
HO AND NEVER LET YOUR KIDS IN IT ....
I have let us all down, my kid she is 40 hubby's 41, on receipt of said van and an enquiry as to whether there would be any lending rights to her, dad slammed his foot down, NEVER, a few weeks ago I stupidly said "if you borrow it you will have to have a training course with us, because there's things you need to know" I know how could I be so stupid(n):lipssealed::Eeek: and on the those words, wonder daughter said and I might add with glee " So we've gone from NEVER to a good possibility if we do a training day hhhmmmmm, see where we are in a few months then" oh dreary me,

image.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've gone shopping several times to Tesco about three miles from where we live in ours. It still feels like a mini-adventure although I haven't been tempted to wind the awning out and put the table and chairs out yet when we arrive!

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've gone shopping several times to Tesco about three miles from where we live in ours. It still feels like a mini-adventure although I haven't been tempted to wind the awning out and put the table and chairs out yet when we arrive!

Go on I double dare ya, packet of werthers could be yours, but must see photo before prize given or if you want the star prize you can have last week off

:rolleyes::LOL::whistle:

Reactions: DBK

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Why not?
Park it at the entrance and collect the parking fees. Shopping paid for!::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Likewise.. we are about 13 miles form the nearest supermarket, so it gives the van a run.. and we have the use of the facilities in the car park..

Anyone who goes to Makro will have noticed that they have a row of 16a EHU for freezer vans.. I wonder if they would object to a morothome plugging in.. :LOL:

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Lol too funny. Try not only your daughter's but their friends! My kids keep hiring me out!

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I have realised that by association, every time I jump into the van, I get excited at the thought of a new adventure! :)

We have had so many grand adventures over the last two years that I can ONLY associate the van with having fun! :D
My Spaniel is exactly the same. I might use it the next time she has to go to the Vet's. That will confuse the cr*p out of her :)

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Spaniels are easily confused! Every time I took mine to the pets hotel he used to love it until he realised I was leaving and he wasn't The staff used to love him and the speed he came along the corridor when he heard our voices when we picked him back up
Lovely dogs!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
And apart from that you aint insured to carry goods not condusive to camping.
And yet many brands have now added doors & promote their enhanced load carrying abilities.
Haven't seen any reference to what I might be allowed in my MH in my insurance small print...

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Removals? WHAT can you GET into a MoHo? It's not as if you can get wardrobes, chest of drawers, fridge freezer in is it?

Perhaps just crocs (of the ceramic variety :D) shoes, cutlery, frocks?

C'mon, pay the removal man, or I'm out on the cobbles with the other funsters :D

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
In my van because of
Removals? WHAT can you GET into a MoHo? It's not as if you can get wardrobes, chest of drawers, fridge freezer in is it?

Perhaps just crocs (of the ceramic variety :D) shoes, cutlery, frocks?

C'mon, pay the removal man, or I'm out on the cobbles with the other funsters :D[/QUOTE
in my van , because of the layout, I do fit in wardrobes, fridge freezer, oven, washing machine. Not every thing at once. 3 seater sofa, the normal contents of a home. I errect the rear double bed, and load from the double back doors. I have a passage way, so a sofa will sit along the bed, over my hob. My sliding side door is wide enough for white goods. You will be surprised at what my kids manage to fit in my van besides themselves.
I've a 4 foot bed so two adults and one child , top to tail use, one adult in passage way on air bed, shortest adult on front seats as one swivels and has an infill. They now looking at using the top cupboards over the drivers seat, since they found out the entire frame and doors are removable with turning a latch!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back