Britstops Book ........just Ordered :) (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Well, after all the recent talk about Bristops I have just hit the 'order' button :)

If Steve @BritStops can get the book to me this week then we are off to Devon and Cornwall :):D

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Good move. We have used ours quite a bit, there is usually a stop near where you want to go.

Not a Britstop but if you are heading towards south Devon you could stay at Woodlands Grove campsite, 5 nights (adults only) from any sunday not in the school holidays for £54 including electricity and admission to the theme park next door.

Have fun and let us know what Britstops you use.

Paul.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We just stopped at our first Bristop on the Gower in south wales
If you like cycling you will love this one !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Using our first stops in a couple of weeks.

The network is growing strongly and now well worth the initial outlay for the book and sticker.:)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Book arrived in the post this lunch time (y)

I have to say that first impressions are good, it is well laid out, clear and consise and not as big and heavy as I thought it would be (!)

Photos would be nice together with GPS refs perhaps?

Any road up, thanks to Steve @BritStops for excellent service (y)

I'm looking forward to trying a few 'Britstops' out over the next few weeks

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Britstops guide is the most essential accessory for your motorhome, we have used it loads! In fact, we are spending our anniversary at a Britstop next weekend :D

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Well, after all the recent talk about Bristops I have just hit the 'order' button :)

If Steve @BritStops can get the book to me this week then we are off to Devon and Cornwall :):D

I have toyed with the idea of buying BritStops but can you tell me how many stops there are in Devon and Cornwall, excluding pubs?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A quick scan through the book suggests 37 total in Devon and Cornwall of which 9 seem to be things like farm shops or a vineyard or two. This just done on the names and guessing that things with an "Inn" or "Arms" in their name are probably pubs. :)

We've only just got the book and haven't used it in anger yet but I suspect we will probably use it to find transit stops, for example, we are off to a Murvi rally in Wild West Wales in November and we will take our time and perhaps stay at one or two Brit Stops on the way. If you are coming to Devon or Cornwall most folk would want to find somewhere by the sea or a moor and stay a few days which is not really what Brit Stops are about I think.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

Wales is on our short list this September . Any chance you could give the number of this Britstop or page number because we also plan doing some cycling .

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Stopped at our first Britstop last week, a vinyard in Oxfordshire. Bought some nice wine and spent a peaceful night in a large paddock/field with an English and a French motorhome. This was a very positive first experience and we look forward to many more Britstops.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have toyed with the idea of buying BritStops but can you tell me how many stops there are in Devon and Cornwall, excluding pubs?

I would have thought pubs are perfect places for a Britstop. Most have larger parks and you can get food and drink with a free overnight stay. Certainly some could be noisy for early sleepers I suppose but that would not bother us as we rarely go toned much before 11pm .

Do you have an objection to pubs?

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
You may know where all the pubs are, but you won't know which allow overnight parking. For the cost of a Britstops book, you will save the cost in the first weekend of not paying camp site fees.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
You may know where all the pubs are, but you won't know which allow overnight parking. For the cost of a Britstops book, you will save the cost in the first weekend of not paying camp site fees.

Camp site fees....what are they? :whistle:

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the info Allen. I am more interested in building a list of non-pub stopovers like farms, farm shops, harbours, heritage sites, etc.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Started looking at a trip to the Gower and like to cycle, do you have the number, please

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back