Truma Trauma, Bloody Heater Aahgain!!!! (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have put this on another forum but had no reaction as it went into an obscure place, so are there any worthy people on here that might be able to help me
We went off to the Detling show and when we set up we found no HOT WATER and NO HEAT, disaster, disaster. I turned the controller switch as normal and the green light came on as it does but not the yellow warming up light. No noises clicks, whirrs or anything at all just silence.
I delved into the normal things, Gas on , power on, fuses OK, fan not stuck . All seemed in order but nothing happened not a sausage.
Today I had another delve when I got home and looked at the manual but the bit on there were no help. I checked what I could get to but nothing still, I pulled out the circuit board and checked the little fuse but it is fine. I seems like there is an inhibiter switch or a relay not going to play, I do not have a window switch as there is nothing close to the vent. OR IT MIGHT BE THE PCB BOARD costing £360 + vat, argghhhh!!. I rang the Truma help line last time it didn't start and it was the combustion fan sticking I have turned the whole body a bit because the fan motor was pushed into the sidewall when it was fitted at the Factory distorting the body.. Everything this time is free.
Do any of you wise and learned people know anything to check? I think it needs a diagnostic check with a laptop but no one can do that for me here.
Is there a secret sequence of checks on a flow chart that might be helpful to me? is there a secret that I cannot work out that stops the little ickeys running around and warming me.

Jean-luc

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Since 2005
You haven't mentioned the red fault light, is that illuminating, is it flashing.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
No red light just constant green one but it does not do a start sequence no clicks from relays or valves no fans. nuttin! It is like it is inhibited by something that I do not know about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jean-luc

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Since 2005
No red light just constant green one but it does not do a start sequence no clicks from relays or valves no fans. nuttin! It is like it is inhibited by something that I do not know about.
The red light steady on or flashing indicates a variety of faults, but no red light indicates no fault being reported by the various operation checks controlled by the circuit board (n)

Could it be a faulty thermostat indicating all is up to temperature so no start up, but both water and room stat faulty (n)(n)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Give Johns Cross a ring. They have all the test gear to read the fault codes. Not too far from you. Ask for Glen or Ian. They were very good when I had problems with my Truma and their charges are reasonable.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You can check the room thermostat by simply disconnecting it. If when you have done so the heating starts then it's faulty.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Has heater got water in it? Did it try to ignite before filling with water?
Disconnect 12v supply for a few minutes and then it may re-set if needing a re-boot?

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
if you can, disconnect the wires from the pcb then reconnect them (power off) this solved the problem with mine, worth try.
Steve

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have done all of those things, even took out the PCB to check for dry joints etc. I spoke to a mobile truma repairman today and he said that I had all he would do PCB is coming out again and going for a check at Truma. So it looks like the money is flowing out of my wallet faster than cold water from the hot tap.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You don't say what Truma you have, but £360 plus VAT for a new PCB sounds too high. The PCB was changed on my Combi 6E at the end of last year and the total cost including labour and VAT was £288. The PCB itself cost £190 plus VAT

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Found another lead for a REPAIR to a PCB , there is a firm called A&R electronics on 01543 274284.
I am going to ring tomorrow, they charge £50 plus £6.50 postage and they will repair the board if feasible if not then they refund £25. they take money by paypal which is handy. will keep you informed as there must be a lot of people on here with this problem at some time.. It seems the relays on the board are dodgy. The ting that annoted me was that the Chausson factory fitted the heater digging into the wall of the van so all the vibration went straight into the heater.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Spoke to A&R today about the repair and they do noy do mine, however I have sent the PCB to Truma, and await the verdict so if I go to Stratford and Stafford then we hope it is warmer by then

rightnow

Free Member
Apr 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
burstner
since 2017 my combi 6 only a year old,m truma were very nice on the phone but rubbish with the tect things, i checked pcb both fans data cable but no one side anything about the control panel well i mean no one i mean TRUMA, but after fitting a new control panel on monday 19/4/21 yes all that time it works like new

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Ours has been defunct for the last 6+ mths. Got it repaired recently Due to covid, Worked no problem on gas, no flashing code, all lights as should be on the dial etc. Apparently, the electrical element and electrical side of the board was found to be poorly Too. Got all replaced, now works on electricity but cuts out if trying to use both gas and leccy for that boost. So guess where it’ll be going back to When we finish our holiday tomorrow. I’ve no faith in the company but hubby for some reason has blinkers on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back